• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Adama is a completely unique player, there's not a coach in world football that wouldn't want him in their squad and he should be valued accordingly. £70-80M is way too cheap.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Adama is a completely unique player, there's not a coach in world football that wouldn't want him in their squad and he should be valued accordingly. £70-80M is way too cheap.

Depends if we really are interested in selling him or not, nobody on here knows that. With Real skint, Barca needing to sell first then that only really leaves City, Liverpool(at a push), Juve, PSG and Bayern who could afford it. None of those are paying over £70m-£80m for a player who in the instance of at least 3 of those wouldn't make their best 11, irrespective of the uniqueness of his talents. So we can hold out for whatever 3 figure £m gets put out there, but nobody is paying it. If that's the strategy then absolutely fine.

Traore is going nowhere. He’s not good enough/proven enough (yet) for the elite, and no one else can afford him. He’s also not unsettled/desperate for a move.

If someone wants to chuck serious cash at him hoping he will take that next step up then fine, we can cash in.

He is definately good enough, hope we can hold on too him though

I think the side that starts at Sheff Utd will be virtually identical to our best 11 from last season bar Johnny, that’ll get us comfortably mid table at least.
Talksport it’s mainly just one presenter who’s been writing our arbitrary and that’s only based on the fact of Nuno leaving and players going.
Each season the PL will have a club who are media darlings, it was us 2 years ago, Sheff Utd last season and Leeds this season. There does seem to be a case tho of “you’ve had your fun now can you go back to being also fans”
The hype of Leeds promotion has boarded on ridiculous to the point it makes your stomach turn

I read a lot on other teams forums. RAWK seems to have a consensus view that Adama has improved hugely and is terrifying but he wouldn’t dislodge any of the Liverpool front three, and therefore there is no point because we would want too much.

Redcafe - there is no point in even thinking of bidding for Wolves players as the price would be utterly astronomic.

Seems it is only the media missing this point.

He may well be. Hasn’t proven it yet though. Big clubs are going to want more than 6 goals for £80m.

Yeah I think he has..agree with you his goal output is not the best, yet..but always get the crosses in..imagine him and Peter Crouch, match made in heaven

Yeah I think he has..agree with you his goal output is not the best, yet..but always get the crosses in..imagine him and Peter Crouch, match made in heaven

Big clubs don’t play that way. Mane and Salah, Sterling and Mahrez, Rashford/Martial/Greenwood, Pulisic and Ziyech, Son and Bergwijn.

Their width comes from the full backs typically

Big clubs don’t play that way. Mane and Salah, Sterling and Mahrez, Rashford/Martial/Greenwood, Pulisic and Ziyech, Son and Bergwijn.

Their width comes from the full backs typically
Doesnt matter, a goal threat is a goal threat..he can also square it easily

I think the next step for Traore is to improve in his overall play when playing centrally as one of the front 2. He has made huge improvements all around and even in moments in that role, but if he could become a regular goal scorer and contributor from that position that will be when he is really on the radar of the worlds best.

This time last year I was in the camp that we should try to loan or recoup what we could on him as I was already considering him a failure:buttkick1:

'a fall into a ditch makes you wiser'

I’m a massive Adama fan and wouldn’t want to sell him - but it is a shame we don’t have a normal pre season for Nuno to continue to work his magic, as he still needs a focus on what to do when he doesn’t have the ball.

If Everton are slapping a £143m price tag on Richarlison there is no way on earth we are selling Adama for £80m

We're being linked to an 18 year old French RB from Rennes called Brandon Soppy.

Why would we be interested in RBs when we have Doherty, Burr and Matheson?

Back