• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Zinchenko might suddenly be available again. His wife has laid into Pep about the 3 at the back formation Vs Lyon.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Might not be the worst thing in the world, decent at LwB and gives us attacking options in midfield

Zinchenko might suddenly be available again. His wife has laid into Pep about the 3 at the back formation Vs Lyon.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk
From the small sample of CL games I saw at the end of the season I'd be more interested in Angelino if RBL don't have an option to take him permanently.

Zinchenko is tidy enough but don't think he really excels at anything, certainly not as good defensively as Jonny and don't think he'd match what Doherty does on the other side athletically either. He'd have a lot more work to do up and down at Wolves than he does at City, can be a pretty easy gig for him there at times just wandering up the touchline and playing the odd one-two with a midfielder.

I hope MGW does well enough that we recall him at Xmas

It also makes me think we've got a replacement lined up for his notional CAM spot in the squad, or at least someone who can do that role

Agree with that - we wouldn’t be letting him go out if we didn’t have reinforcements coming in

From the small sample of CL games I saw at the end of the season I'd be more interested in Angelino if RBL don't have an option to take him permanently.

Zinchenko is tidy enough but don't think he really excels at anything, certainly not as good defensively as Jonny and don't think he'd match what Doherty does on the other side athletically either. He'd have a lot more work to do up and down at Wolves than he does at City, can be a pretty easy gig for him there at times just wandering up the touchline and playing the odd one-two with a midfielder.
Angelino is a bomb-scare.

Agree with that - we wouldn’t be letting him go out if we didn’t have reinforcements coming in
I’m sure we do, but I doubt MGW leaving on loan makes a difference either way as he hardly featured at all post lockdown.

If you look at our bench against Sevilla, he’s The third most experienced player on there. That’s not saying much, but I couldn’t see us weakening it any further without replacements coming in.

We do the 'they won't be leaving unless there's replacements coming' line every Summer. It seems that's not how our recruitment works

Seeing as he played about 5 minutes since the restart, it’s hardly weakening us is it anyway

:icon_lol: yeah because anyone is saying that, not sure why you are getting so upset.

Ha, I don’t tend to get upset about peoples opinions on forums, don’t worry!

I’m taking MGW going on loan as a view that we’ll have someone coming in. If you think we’ll have an even smaller squad next year than this then you go for it :)

He didn’t/doesn’t play. Nuno doesn’t trust him in a 3-4-3 and he’d pick Donck 100/100 in a 3-5-2. So it doesn’t weaken us at all.

I’d say if Donck and Moutinho were both missing for a game he’d play Saiss...

Our depth Is rubbish and it’s something we need to address. But he was basically as likely to play as Buur and Campana and we wouldn’t moan if they went on loan.

Ha, I don’t tend to get upset about peoples opinions on forums, don’t worry!

I’m taking MGW going on loan as a view that we’ll have someone coming in. If you think we’ll have an even smaller squad next year than this then you go for it :)

I agree with this, the alternative is someone even younger sitting on our bench and not playing

He didn’t/doesn’t play. Nuno doesn’t trust him in a 3-4-3 and he’d pick Donck 100/100 in a 3-5-2. So it doesn’t weaken us at all.

I’d say if Donck and Moutinho were both missing for a game he’d play Saiss...

Our depth Is rubbish and it’s something we need to address. But he was basically as likely to play as Buur and Campana and we wouldn’t moan if they went on loan.

This.

We need to address it but if Nuno doesn’t currently trust MGW, it doesn’t matter if he’s going on loan.

Palhinha may well be coming in, but I’d still like a midfielder who can play higher to come in too.

I was having this conversation yesterday actually...has anyone who's gone out on loan under Nuno actually come back and played? At all? Off the top of my head I can't think of one

Much as I'd like to think it's an opportunity for MGW it might be something else

Dion Sanderson might. But I'm not sure he'll be good enough for where Fosun want to go

Nuno hasn't loaned anyone out who has threatened the first team until now with MGW.

The Mexican fanbase on Twitter are replying to every Wolves related story saying we have been hit by FFP and need to watch our spending etc. Seems like a big story over there. Then you’ve got Talksport every 5 x minutes saying we need to sell our players, we might be in a relegation fight, Nuno is going to leave etc etc (I know there might not be many on here that listen to that station, but when they are constantly tweeting out shite like this, it’s going to stick to the casual football fan that just reads the headlines).

They seem to have it in for us at the moment! But I agree Adama won’t be sold unless we get a silly offer.

Obviously can't speak to the Mexican media, but here in the States things seem pretty levelheaded.

General sentiment would probably be: "of course [big club] is interested in [player], but [player's] situation at Wolves is already very good, so if I were [player] it would take a very good offer to make me leave. Everyone at Wolves seems very happy."

Nuno hasn't loaned anyone out who has threatened the first team until now with MGW.

He's loaned out players who have been part of the squad and made appearances - Leo and Bennett for two. Barring something unexpected don't think either will play for us again.

MGW's circumstances are obviously different but it makes me wonder.

Back