• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I know it doesn't mean we won't sign other positions, but if we are to only sign 2/3 first team players as most expect, I wouldn't want defensive midfield to be one of them. There's at least 4 positions I'd prioritise over it.

Could it be we are signing an out and out DM to push Neves further up the field?

I don't think it's Neves game to be a proper attack minded midfielder really. His passing and shooting is obviously top drawer but he is very slow, think it would be better if we had someone more mobile to play next to Neves and Moutinho when we play 3-5-2.

Palhinha looked pretty mobile when we played Braga, to be fair.

Judging from the details in that article, I could see him fitting quite nicely- covering a lot of potential positions for us.

Could it be we are signing an out and out DM to push Neves further up the field?
Didn't really do that when he had Saiss alongside him in the Championship. He had something like one touch in the box all season

His attitude last season was a disgrace. I wouldn't want anyone with that character. TS are just reporting a rumours site

There's no way we will sign Paulhinha and Doucoure

The whole of Watford midfield last season was a shambles Capoue and Hughes were far worse from what I saw

Sky saying via the Mail that we are in for Maitland-Niles. He fits our age and versatility profile

Doesn't fit our "can play football" profile sadly.

I'd say he has remarkable consistency in that he plays a lot of positions and looks equally rubbish in all of them.

I kind of agree and certainly wouldn't pay the £20m they are after, but there are glimpses there to work with

In the 3-1 Arsenal home game last season he got absolutely rinsed by Jonny & Jota. This season he did a little better Vs Traoré but Adama was having one of his off days.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Backs himself as a centre midfielder. I think he is OK but I wouldn't be targetting him as a priority

Not having Maitland-Niles at all, never been impressed in any position that i've seen him. Rob Dorsett has also tweeted about this and also that we're interested in Ocampos but only if Traore leaves, guess we're not interested then.

Back