• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Really like our owners...sensible and stable and long term..like Nuno the same, when he speaks he says what i wanna hear every time...not like Deano(dont mean you on this forum)

According to the athletic, we made a move for Antonee Robinson

Robinson opting to move to Craven Cottage came as a disappointment to Wilder. The United manager is understood to have been informed of the US international’s decision by the player himself on Wednesday morning.

Enda Stevens starting every game for United last season is believed to have been a factor in Robinson choosing Fulham. However, the transfer will still thrust Robinson into a straight scrap for a starting place with Fulham’s Wembley hero Joe Bryan. Wolves also made a late play for Robinson but his mind was made up.

Not a huge shock; the McBride/Dempsey effect for Fulham was pretty strong over here. I can believe Robinson would find playing for that club a bit more romantic than Blades or us.

Not a huge shock; the McBride/Dempsey effect for Fulham was pretty strong over here. I can believe Robinson would find playing for that club a bit more romantic than Blades or us.

Plus living in London was probably a factor

We seem to have dropped lucky, probably not the right phrase but you know what I mean, with fosun compared to other clubs takeovers, Morgan could have sold us to a right bunch of chancers for a quick sale at a bigger profit, but waited for the right one instead, perhaps he did care for the club after all

He's from Milton Keynes :icon_lol:

We seem to have dropped lucky, probably not the right phrase but you know what I mean, with fosun compared to other clubs takeovers, Morgan could have sold us to a right bunch of chancers for a quick sale at a bigger profit, but waited for the right one instead, perhaps he did care for the club after all

Morgan did care for the club he just didn't know what he was doing while he owned it.

Sounds like it's all part of the Goncalves deal/carousel.

Sounds a good player in the age and price range we would go for. Was hoping any CM signing would be a bit more attacking minded though, think we have been crying out for more threat through the centre of midfield.

Yeah we're not exactly short of defensive midfielders.

Twitter also has us rivalling Brentford for Feyenoord winger Crysensio Summerville.

And a 'gran exclusiva' suggests Cesar Montes from Monterey. Moneterey, how bloody romantic...

Sounds a good player in the age and price range we would go for. Was hoping any CM signing would be a bit more attacking minded though, think we have been crying out for more threat through the centre of midfield.

Yeah we're not exactly short of defensive midfielders.

Yeah, not sure on the need for more of the same. We can have Jordao playing more football next season to add to those numbers. I suppose we might be seriously set on quite dramatically trimming Joao's gametime but I think you just need to judge that as we go along. He was clearly on empty towards the end (more so than pretty much anyone else) but I still have total faith in him after a break. He's still a ridiculous footballer.

Nothing wrong with more of the same for me. The issue isn’t personnel or their ability it’s just how the team plays. Get Neves and whoever further up the field.

When Chelsea played 3-4-3 they had two defensive minded players in Kante and Matic. Neves can be Matic and Donck can get through the work of Kante.

At the moment Neves nor moutinho rarely get ahead of the ball to protect us from the counter and be more solid defensively. Hopefully with better defenders and more rest we are more willing to get players ahead of the ball like Donck has been doing when played in a 2. Allow Neves to be on the edge of the area rather than 40 yards deep in a position to recycle the ball. This will see us score more goals and win more games.

Montes is extremely well regarded over here. If we can use Raul to help get that across the line, we absolutely should.

Back