• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Yeah, the Southampton goal was from him just spooning the ball straight up in the air under no pressure. He'd had it.

He can obviously play to at least some point, we did the right thing though.

Yeah I'd agree with the mental/confidence side of things. Just didn't think he seemed quite as poor as people made out

Yeah, the Southampton goal was from him just spooning the ball straight up in the air under no pressure. He'd had it.

He can obviously play to at least some point, we did the right thing though.
And came about 10 minutes after he'd done it before and got way with it

Yeah I'd agree with the mental/confidence side of things. Just didn't think he seemed quite as poor as people made out

He did something comical in the Villa game in the cup too, i can't quite remember what it was though, but i bookmarked it in my mind as Lawrie Madden-esque.

Can't remember much he did wrong v Villa apart from being a bit meh.
I was really ill for a few days after that game so maybe I puked out the memory of him fucking up

I think he gave away a pass on the edge of our own box in the second half. Nothing came of it. Did ok apart from that though.

Wasn't just the fact he was from Madrid but he came with superb reports from his loan spell in Germany. Was it the current Bayern boss who was bigging him up?

Previous one, Kovac. Now at Monaco.

Vallejo was Fosun's Roger Johnson, seemed to be a good signing at the time that everyone was happy with. Turned out to be absolute shit.

Fortunately JV didn't hang around for years on end.

I wonder how much German Phil made while he was here? I mean it's not pleasant being physically unable to do your job, but three years, never even got on the bench for us. And I doubt lower league German clubs were covering much of his wages when we loaned him out.

I wonder how much German Phil made while he was here? I mean it's not pleasant being physically unable to do your job, but three years, never even got on the bench for us. And I doubt lower league German clubs were covering much of his wages when we loaned him out.

Same with Mouyokolo and Boukari. (and obviously Masters going way back)

Same with Mouyokolo and Boukari. (and obviously Masters going way back)

German Phil was an odd one though as he wasn't a Nuno pick at all. We had him over for new signing photos a while before it was announced...before we appointed Nuno.

I don't think he'd have played very much even if he'd been fit.

Death knell was when he'd played a reserve game or two, Doc was banned, he didn't make the squad and we played three different players at RWB in one game vs Hull.

Yet we had him on the pitch at the end of the season to collect a medal.

Similarly, people go on about wanting a new CH and ST, Rodders and Leo are back...

Do we think we’ll sign anyone before the end of this month? I get the feeling selling clubs are holding out for pre Covid amounts of money, so more will happen as we get closer to the transfer window closing?

i think it will be much harder with the shorter window and the corona thing..but i expect us to do at least a couple

Do we think we’ll sign anyone before the end of this month? I get the feeling selling clubs are holding out for pre Covid amounts of money, so more will happen as we get closer to the transfer window closing?

Jim White will probably be telling us that this will be the most amazing transfer window ever...

I don't see how it's going to have anything but a negligible effect on transfers. Say we sold 22,000 season tickets averaged at £600 each that's just over £13m. Not really going to make a huge dent in our transfer budget. Okay the club lost four games' worth of hospitality income at the end of last season but again I can't see that stopping us signing anyone. I really don't see how it will be much harder, especially when some clubs are actively trying to punt their players on.

well it may gain the richest clubs of course when many clubs have a tough time

Back