• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I don't see how it's going to have anything but a negligible effect on transfers. Say we sold 22,000 season tickets averaged at £600 each that's just over £13m. Not really going to make a huge dent in our transfer budget. Okay the club lost four games' worth of hospitality income at the end of last season but again I can't see that stopping us signing anyone. I really don't see how it will be much harder, especially when some clubs are actively trying to punt their players on.
The average PL club has lost about £25m due to Covid so far in merchandise, ticket sales, TV revenue deductions etc. We are probably in the lower half of that so call it £20m before the 2020/1 season

By all accounts Utd had to try and restart negotiations with Dortmund over Sancho as their financial calculations meant they couldn't afford the repayments they had only a week before agreed on. Obviously Dortmund told them to do one.

Ignoring kids and squad fillers 9 PL teams have signed players so far, so we are still in the majority

I wonder how much German Phil made while he was here? I mean it's not pleasant being physically unable to do your job, but three years, never even got on the bench for us. And I doubt lower league German clubs were covering much of his wages when we loaned him out.

Did he play in any U23 matches for us?

Played v Flum.

Highlights were him making Adama look like a sloth.

Might have played another one but that would be his lot

The average PL club has lost about £25m due to Covid so far in merchandise, ticket sales, TV revenue deductions etc. We are probably in the lower half of that so call it £20m before the 2020/1 season

If clubs like Villa can spunk £140m it's hardly a crippler is it? So like I said, it's not going to make transfers really difficult. Every club in the world is in the same boat so will want to make money as well as spend it so I don't see how it will kill the market. The market will adjust to reflect the current situation.

Let’s say average ticket cost at Wolves (season tickets, kids, day to day games, hospitality) is £30. (31000 x £30) x 19 = £20m. It ain’t much. Price of football Bloke on twitter said Arsenal was going to cost them £100m. We won’t be that badly affected.

An "accredited football agent" with a whole 62 followers ...

Martinho Hol
@martinhohol
BREAKING: @ManUtd in final stage talks for @Wolves players @JoaoMoutinho & @rubendsneves_
transfer, for combined value of 105million. GREAT buys for United! Deal is at an advanced stage.
@premierleague
#TransferWindow #PremierLeague #TransferNews

:icon_lol:

Bit of a weird one but Danny Loader has signed for Porto's B team.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Wolves chairman Jeff Shi has been speaking about this transfer window...

"We’ll keep working hard, but we will stick to our principles and not rush into anything that isn’t right for us. If we don’t see a perfect target, we have to wait." #wwfc

That’s a decent statement. Not promising the moon and the stars but not ruling anything out either. I think we will be busy.

This really should give any lingering doubters the confidence they need. The only part I disagree with is we haven't made small steps at all, we've made giant strides, but I suppose modesty is one of Jeff's strong suits.

Jeff Shi said:
In the long-term, our aims are still the same. There has not been any change. Even in a really big pandemic that could go on for more than a year, that time frame is still a small part of our 10-year, 20-year plan.

For our long-term aims, I’ve repeated it many times, we want to be an elite team in the world, and also a top brand in the world, but we are not in a rush. We want to do things steadily, step-by-step, to build the club to that level.

If you look back at the last four years, including the first season when I came here in the Championship in 2016/17, every season we have made some progress. It’s just a small step followed by a small step, consistently, continuously, persistently, going to the summit. Time is not our enemy; in fact, time is our friend, our best friend.

It’s not all about short term results, it’s about getting closer to the final goal of ours; sometimes they match each other, sometimes they differ.

Back