• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I was also wondering today about Rúben Vinagre. At what point is he going to start thinking about his own future if he continues to get limited game time. Not completely unrealistic that he could end up with 0 Premier League post lockdown minutes in a small squad when we could theoretically be making 5 subs a game. Not really good enough for someone with his quality.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk
I reckon he's off this summer to be honest.

RWB, CB and CM for me this summer and possibly a LWB if Vinny does go.

I also think Vinagre will go in the Summer. As talented as he is, I still never feel that comfortable when he starts compared to Jonny, still young of course but also still makes some of the same mistakes he was making in his first season here.

I was also wondering today about Rúben Vinagre. At what point is he going to start thinking about his own future if he continues to get limited game time. Not completely unrealistic that he could end up with 0 Premier League post lockdown minutes in a small squad when we could theoretically be making 5 subs a game. Not really good enough for someone with his quality.

There were rumours that he was unhappy last Summer and was promised more minutes, which if you look pre Xmas he was. I'm not sure he did himself any favours when Jonny was out just before lockdown. For me he's still got too much dog chasing a balloon in him

Doesn't affect your wider point, but he had 3 minutes against West Ham

We were winning 3-0 and comfortable, Jonny has some kind of knock or cramp, Vinagre still doesn’t come on. If you’re not coming on in that situation I don’t know when you are.

Suspect defensively and his supposed attacking prowess is more miss than hit. Very promising talent in the championship and even at times last season, but hasn’t quite progressed. Still only 21 so time to change that.

We were winning 3-0 and comfortable, Jonny has some kind of knock or cramp, Vinagre still doesn’t come on. If you’re not coming on in that situation I don’t know when you are.

Suspect defensively and his supposed attacking prowess is more miss than hit.

We'd used up our 3 substitute breaks allowed hadn't we? Jota/Traore/Moutinho

We'd used up our 3 substitute breaks allowed hadn't we? Jota/Traore/Moutinho

Hadn’t even considered that. However, Moutinho comes on at 3-0, with just over 10 mins left. So if you’re not bringing him in then, when are you bringing him on?

Apparently Fosun have had a vaccine for Covid-19 approved for trial. Could be Mbappe up top next season...

Out of absolutely nowhere Vin starts. :icon_lol:

Upgrade on Saiss for me is key - I love the guy, but he’s too reactive and his distribution is oddly poorer from CB. Ideally move Wily back over and get Dias in the right.

Upgrade on Saiss for me is key - I love the guy, but he’s too reactive and his distribution is oddly poorer from CB. Ideally move Wily back over and get Dias in the right.
Not an original thought, but I've been surprised by how many people have seen him as a starter rather than a good, functional squad player who won't let you down

Doc upgrade is the priority, for me, followed by a CB, striker and a more attacking midfielder. If the AM can whip in a Barry Douglas-eque corner / free kick, that'd be lovely jubbly.

Agree on upgrading Saiss and Doc. Be interesting to see what the kid from Rochdale is like though. CM would be good to give Moutinho a rest and send MGW out on loan.

If we don’t make Europe then you’d expect MGW and Kilman to go out on loan, particularly if we sign players in those positions. No other change they get any game time bar and injury crisis.

Center half should be top priority. We stunk up the place when Boly got injured. Saiss is not a top 6 center half.
Then it should be a Moutinho replacement, hes 34 in a month. He wont be doing 50+ games next year if we get in europe.
Then we can think about upgrading Doc and getting an understudy for Raul

We stunk up the place when Boly got injured. l

We really didn't

Between matchday 10 and matchday 24 (when Boly was injured) - we had the sixth best form. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pre...e/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2019&min=10&max=24 (Not sure if this link works)

No doubt we are better for having Boly in the side but Saiss and Dendoncker did outstanding jobs in his absence, especially considering how Bennett fell out of favour and Vallejo's loan spell didn't work out at all.

The only time we missed Boly was the final couple of games when Donck had a couple of below par performances

Center half should be top priority. We stunk up the place when Boly got injured. Saiss is not a top 6 center half.
Then it should be a Moutinho replacement, hes 34 in a month. He wont be doing 50+ games next year if we get in europe.
Then we can think about upgrading Doc and getting an understudy for Raul
Agreed.

Daniel Rugani + Morgan Sanson please. €65m total. If someone wants to pay that amount for Traore then it makes good business sense given how promising Neto and Podence look.

The only time we missed Boly was the final couple of games when Donck had a couple of below par performances

We do average an extra goal conceded per game without Boly compared to with him, although the ppg is roughly the same

We do average an extra goal conceded per game without Boly compared to with him, although the ppg is roughly the same

Yep. PPG would see us on about 58 points over a season.

As I say, we are obviously better with Boly in the side, but we stunk up the place is a ridiculous thing to say.

Back