• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Someone's posted the front page of Tuttosport on Twitter, once again suggesting Raul is off to Juventus

Supposedly the story is Douglas Costa to City would give them some money to put towards Jimenez, it's just a regurgitated version of what they ran last month.

In other probably made up news we've told City the price for Traore is £135m and want Max Aarons, but the price is £20m. Ignoring the cost I'd be in favour of that as long as he's not mentally battered from his season at Norwich

Nah. Think we can do better than Aarons. Good player but we should have bigger fish to fry.

If we're confident of his defensive abilities then Aarons could be a good fit. Bit of a worry signing anyone from Norwich though, they're dreadful.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I quite like Aarons and at 20 he's the right age. Doc will be 29 in January and at that age he's not going to get quicker or fitter. If we're talking relegated teams, then a defender I do like is Konsa at Villa. With some proper coaching I think he could be a good player

I wanted Konsa a year ago when he was leaving Brentford, he hasn't had the greatest of times but covering for Mings is a thankless task and Villa clearly do very little work in drilling any of their defenders. He's definitely no RB though.

Eberechi Eze is definitely on my list, consistently impressive and unlikely QPR can hold out for a massive fee.

If Brentford stay down Rico Henry could be an outside shout for a wing back option. Obviously had a lot of injuries but he'd be cheaper and we don't know how Covid-19 has affected our transfer budget yet.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I wanted Konsa a year ago when he was leaving Brentford, he hasn't had the greatest of times but covering for Mings is a thankless task and Villa clearly do very little work in drilling any of their defenders. He's definitely no RB though.

Eberechi Eze is definitely on my list, consistently impressive and unlikely QPR can hold out for a massive fee.

He has been good every time I have watched QPR actually

Honestly, what do people see in Aarons? He has been horrendous every time I've watched Norwich, even accepting that his defensive mates there are also shite.

If we did go after him, I'd obviously give Nuno the benefit of the doubt, but jeez. Surely we could do better.

Reaching back a bit, Geoffrey Kondogbia would give us something different in midfield, assuming we could get him back to his Monaco/Inter form. Never a given with players of his profile coming to the Prem, though.

Aaron’s was really good in the first half of the season - Norwich have been absolutely awful since the restart though, it’s like they had no sport science to get them ready at all.

He’s quick and can dribble - and his passings pretty good. He’s not very good in the air though, and his positioning and tackling aren’t great - he tends to hold people up rather than disposess them.

There’s the raw materials there, but he’s not that amazing at the moment.

Good price for him. He'll look very good in that team alongside Laporte.

...can't be any good because he plays for Bournemouth

...wouldn't sign anybody from a relegated side, too used to losing

...Oooh City signing Stones, he'll be class there

I’m surprised because I assumed Pep would want a right footed centre back next to Laporte! Though I imagine they will still be in for someone like Koulibaly. Still surprised I haven’t seen them linked with Upamecano

You've rubbed the YW magic lamp

:icon_lol:

If stones is available I’d be very interested... too many things going against him at moment (often injured, weird off field issues) so a fresh start he may need but I don’t see us going for him!

:icon_lol:

If stones is available I’d be very interested... too many things going against him at moment (often injured, weird off field issues) so a fresh start he may need but I don’t see us going for him!
I think he comes with too much baggage versus our expectation levels. First clanger and I think you'd get sighs in the stands that you wouldn't get with a player without pre conceived ideas

Yeah, which is a shame because I think a player of his profile (seriously good in the air which I think goes unnoticed, as well as passing abilities) would really suit the right side of our back three and could play in the middle as we saw in the world cup.

I'll just have to wonder what could have been :D

Back