• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Wolves have been touted as a possible destination for Napoli midfielder Allan. [source: Rai Sport]

Also been linked with Everton previously. Be surprised if we signed him, he's 29 now?

I’d have Stones on the right, not a chance in the middle, but in Donk we already have a good passing RCB with the occasional fuck up.

I think John Stones would do very well here.

We don't play the same way that City do in that they essentially go 2 v 1 or 2 v 2 at the back

Doubt that we'd sign Stones. Given his well chronicled personal life he may fall foul of the 'good guys' buying policy...

Would love Ake here. Perfect for LCB (or RCB if Nuno really does like inverted CBs). Can't compete with a first team spot at City though unfortunately!

He has been good every time I have watched QPR actually

Ornstein (who's generally pretty good) is saying Palace and WHam are main suitors atm.

Might be nothing more than a London thing. Seems like less than £20m will do it - can't say as I'm familiar, sound about right? Wham paid about that for Bowen didn't they?

-edit- didn't realise there wasn't a multiquote, this is re Eze at QPR

Couple of lovely bits of skill from Eze last night. Not just the goal, but one dummy where he sent a Baggies player for a burger just by moving his shoulders. Think he'd need to up his work rate for us, but an undeniable talent

Doesn't Eze play as a wide attacker though? We already have 4 good young options in those positions, I wouldn't see him getting much game time ahead of the others.

Doesn't Eze play as a wide attacker though? We already have 4 good young options in those positions, I wouldn't see him getting much game time ahead of the others.
Can also play as a ten or behind a front 2. The latter is where I'd see him with us in a 352.

The talent isn't in doubt, his off the ball work rate would have to be upped considerably and he looks a bit heavy to me, but that may just be his frame.

I guess if we play 352 he could potentially be an option to play a more attack minded midfield, who will dribble with the ball and run off the ball to receive it higher.

I guess if we play 352 he could potentially be an option to play a more attack minded midfield, who will dribble with the ball and run off the ball to receive it higher.
Yes, he'd play the role that MGW doesn't get the chance to. I still think we are that player away from it being our best formation

In a 352 where would you play Adama?
I wouldn't. Jota plays better in a 2, Adama in a 3, it's not a criticism of him as such just that I think we'd be more balanced setting up like this, we'd be less reliant on creating chances using width and imv with the right link man could open teams up more through the middle. Could always go 343 against tired legs later in the game.

Back