• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Bennett coming back after Leicester turn down their purchase option.

Bennett coming back after Leicester turn down their purchase option.

Would suspect that we will give him the option of a free transfer if only to get the wages off the book (& we didn't pay anything for him anyway) - he's not going to be playing for us again

I think he'll go into the Miranda and Bontani loans until contract expires cycle

I think there'll be a few teams in the bottom half who'd pay £5m for him. Or the promoted teams. He'd probably do OK at Albion.

I'm not suggesting he plays for us a again...but I do wonder if we'd have conceded either goal vs Sheffield United or Burnley if we had a player with his ariel presence

He’s coming straight back into our team, what you on about? #likeanewsigning

I can see someone spending a couple of million on him.

He and Rodders only have a year left on their deals. We won't ask much for either.

Leo somehow has another year after that.

£1-2m for Benno will be cracking business for someone

I'm looking forward to a Jody Craddock esq renaissance for Bennett

I'm not suggesting he plays for us a again...but I do wonder if we'd have conceded either goal vs Sheffield United or Burnley if we had a player with his ariel presence
Think he'd have been closer to Wood to stop the Burnley one coming about but the Sheff Utd was just one of those luck of the draw affairs when you get perfect timing between run/delivery over a standing defender. Bennett would've been in a different position nowhere near effecting the situation.

Problem at Bramall Lane was the panicky mess leading to the corner. 99 times out of 100 Rui just picks the ball up, waits six seconds, spanners it out towards the right and it's 0-0.

A few suggestions on Twitter today that we are one of a number of clubs "circling" Ben White. would be astonished if Brighton let him go

Nah, can't see that. He's excelled and he's very much a Potter-style player.

They could get rid of the stupidly overrated Dunk (I wouldn't want us near him) for silly money and slot him straight in.

Talk that Callum Wilson has a £10mill relegation clause.

Despite his injury issues, that seems a good price.

I think we can do a hell of a lot better than that.

Sign Leon instead again?...

Only works if someone (the Johnsons?) kneecaps Callum so he can't play for months.

Although Leon is free. Third time lucky.

I think we can do a hell of a lot better than that.

Still worth a punt at that money. I might also be looking at a few from Watford. Again, same principle.

Although I am always wary of signing from relegated clubs as I still think there is truth in a losing or relegation mindset. Billing has back to back for instance. Foster two in 3.

Back