• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Watford are shit, wouldn't want any of their players.

Wilson's returns are nowhere near as good as people seem to think they are. Five seasons, got into double figures once.

Wilson's PL record

15/16 - 5 in 13 apps
16/17 - 6 in 20
17/18 - 8 in 28
18/19 - 14 in 30
19/20 - 7 in 35

40 in 126 apps.

Pretty good when you look at appearances, but that's part of the problem, you can't rely on him injury wise, but then that's where it being 10mill mitigates that.

Watford
Decoure
Sarr
Pereyra

Bournemouth
Wilson
Ake
King good shout TT

Norwich
Pukki
Krul if Ruddy leaves.

Imagine a hypothetical 18

Rui

Boly Coady Ake

Jonny Moutinho Neves Vinagre

Traore Raul Jota

Bench
Krul
Decoure
Podence
Neto
Doherty
Wilson/King/Pukki
Saiss/Dendonker

You have quality cover in every position and a Bench that can have a real impact. Other options can and will be available.

Doucouré - crap attitude and doesn't offer anything different to what we have, just another body
Sarr - too expensive and we already have four wide players
Pereyra - too old, doesn't do it often enough, again we don't need another wide player

Wilson - returns aren't good enough and injury record is poor
Aké - going to City
King - actually wouldn't mind him, depends on the price

Pukki - absolutely shite
Krul - Ruddy isn't leaving

Deulofeu is proper knacked isn't he? Won't be back for ages, that was a horrible injury.

Didn’t even know he was injured!

As an aside, Vinagre really needs to find some form, obviously he hasn't played much post lockdown - which is part of the problem, but when he has he has been pretty poor.

Loved a blind alley against Chelsea.

Thought he was very good against Everton, albeit they were dire. I won't criticise him for Chelsea as we were all over the shop second half.

He's a very different player to Jonny, he's naturally one to go to the byline which we almost never do when we start with Jonny(not a criticism). You can see him trying to adapt his game to fit into how we play and he's largely stopped with the pointless stepovers.

I wouldn't be surprised either way if he was to move on this summer, or have a real break out next season.

He didn't play against Everton did he?

Sorry, meant Burnley. Brain is frazzled from all the games.

He could easily have been bullied in that game, but he was sound defensively and tidy on the ball.

If we're looking at relegated teams then over looking David Brooks is criminal

Transfer News
@TransferChecker

Watford have received a string of enquiries from Premier League clubs regarding the future of Abdoulaye Doucoure and Ismaila Sarr.
Clubs in contact include Leicester, Arsenal, Wolves, West Ham, Everton and Newcastle. Realistically, a few more will probably join the running too.

I should stress that these aren’t bids as of yet. Just simple “is he available and what is the asking price?” kind of approaches.
Two quality players who, at the right price, could prove to be bargains for most Premier League teams.

I think Doucouré is a decent player, and he’s had spells for Watford where he’s been excellent. Downside is that his goal record isn’t as good as I had in my head that it was, and he’s inconsistent. Still only 27 thought.

I wouldn’t complain if we signed him, I think Nuno could get quite a bit out of him, similarly to Traore, in that he has all the ingredients, just needs coaching to make him a real footballer.

Sarr is a very good player, but as Dan said before we have 4 options for those positions. If we ended up losing Adama, he'd be near the top of my list for replacements though.

I think Doucouré is a decent player, and he’s had spells for Watford where he’s been excellent. Downside is that his goal record isn’t as good as I had in my head that it was, and he’s inconsistent. Still only 27 thought.

I wouldn’t complain if we signed him, I think Nuno could get quite a bit out of him, similarly to Traore, in that he has all the ingredients, just needs coaching to make him a real footballer.
Watford fans will tell you he's been disinterested all season. I thought he played well against us at Molineux last season, but think we'll avoid someone with that attitude

Sarr is a very good player, but as Dan said before we have 4 options for those positions. If we ended up losing Adama, he'd be near the top of my list for replacements though.

I would prefer Saint Maximan personally, has the potential to be better that Traore i think.

I would prefer Saint Maximan personally, has the potential to be better that Traore i think.
It's an interesting comparison, he's better than the pre Wolves Traore now, but you aren't getting him out of Newcastle for less than £30m I'd have thought

Back