• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I’d get Doucoure in no problem. Playing further forward currently but can play in a 2 as well. Certain upgrade on Donck as an attacking midfielder and still maintains the physicality he provides. Would have no issue playing him alongside Neves in a 2 either. No idea what Watford would ask price wise.

The income would allow us to spend more as per ffp rules. £60m in, goes straight in. £60m out is amortised against the length of the player's contract. We're hamstrung by ffp, but a big sale would allow fosun to go bigger, in the hope that that in turn results in more income later down the line

We’re pretty OK against FFP though aren’t we? Our wage bill is pretty low as a % of our income, which gives us more room to spend on transfers

On the basis I have never once heard, under Fosun, that wolves need money, I am somewhat astonished to read comments, like....."if they met our price and then we could afford....". It's just billy big bollocks, Fosun will sell who they want to sell and buy who Nuno wants to buy, and all the rest of this fan bartering is just bored people with fuck all else to do than type shit on the internet. I have followed wolves since 1957, does that give me more of a say than Nuno And Fosun????? Does it bollocks! Remember......opinions are like arseholes.......
Please don't pillory me with financial whatever bollocks it is, just ask man city what you can do if you know how.

I seem to recall fosun saying they'd bought the club to make money. not suggesting they're going to gut the team for a profit, but I seem to remember a clear indication that they would be happy being a club that develops players and sells them off.

does anyone remember that or was it a fever dream on my end?

I seem to recall fosun saying they'd bought the club to make money. not suggesting they're going to gut the team for a profit, but I seem to remember a clear indication that they would be happy being a club that develops players and sells them off.

does anyone remember that or was it a fever dream on my end?
Fosun are an investment business they are in to make money by definition. That doesn't mean selling players necessarily or that they are looking to shop us, but they could get out tomorrow and sell us for ten times their purchase price. There will be a theoretical end game even if that's 10 years away

I’d hate to see Grealish anyway near Wolves. Prancing short socks show pony. I’d hate it.

Crackin' player but as GLASGOWOLF put it, he's a diving cheating wanker.

Thinking back two years to when we signed Adama, I always had the feeling that he was a players Nuno was determined to sign. I have the same sort of feeling about St Maximin, although signing him would surely mean selling one of our current wide players

One benefit to the close season only lasting a few weeks is the reduction in bizarre rumours and links. Every cloud.

If the Saudi takeover falls through then Ashley will bomb out S-M and Almiron sharpish.

I don't see how selling any our best players (mainly Adama in this context) for mega money actually benefits the team, unless it's so we can use the profit to buy even better players, but surely our owners can afford to do that anyway. Sounds more like a video game than real life.

Liverpool sold Coutinho and used that and additional funds to buy the likes of VVD, Fabinho, Keita and Allison. It really kicked them on to another level.

I'm undecided about allowing Adama to leave but there's definite rationale to it.

If the Saudi takeover falls through then Ashley will bomb out S-M and Almiron sharpish.

Liverpool sold Coutinho and used that and additional funds to buy the likes of VVD, Fabinho, Keita and Allison. It really kicked them on to another level.

I'm undecided about allowing Adama to leave but there's definite rationale to it.

The trouble is that you have to get the recruitment right.

See Robbie Keane money v Ade Akinbiyi money.

If selling Adama for £60m means we can spend £100m on a CB and CM, like Dias + whoever, without it affecting FFP much (due to amortisation) then I'm all for that sort of business.

Especially when we already have Neto and Podence who can step in without any trouble.

Newcastle fans aren’t happy one bit about this rumour about possibly losing out to a “smaller club” Some still live in the Keegan & Robson era when they were very relevant they don’t like being told they’re a also ran and actually players don’t really care about the fact your club nearly won a title in 96 and has played in the CL in the last 20 years.

When we signed Podence I assumed it had to be because we were planning to sell Adama. But it has actually been quite straightforward to play Adama, Podence, Neto in every game - because Jota has not been on top form. You would have to say right in this moment in time that IF the club is looking to move anyone on (a big if) it would probably be Jota.

Adama is the player who most frightens opponents, Neto has a huge future in front of him, and Podence is gradually getting on the same wavelength the others. Why would we want to sell any of them?

There is no future in selling Adama to a premier league club. Whatever his shortcomings you don’t want to have to face home. Juventus? No problem with that or similar standard in Spain. If and it is a big if, selling Adama means we do get the Raul back up Doherty and Saiss upgrades that we all seem to agree are needed then great. I think however we already know who we want and it would surprise me if they are household names here!

If selling Adama for £60m means we can spend £100m on a CB and CM, like Dias + whoever, without it affecting FFP much (due to amortisation) then I'm all for that sort of business.

Especially when we already have Neto and Podence who can step in without any trouble.

£60m?? Leicester want £90m for Chilwell.

We are not selling Adama for £60m, not a chance

Back