• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I'd have Sarr on the basis that I don't think all four of our wide forwards are up to snuff...

:fished:

Podence isn't because......?

All of the handful of times you've seen him I guess.

Who said I thought the weak link was Podence?

I'm mostly just stirring the pot, I don't think all of our forwards are as good as we'd ideally want but it's hardly a top a priority just now.

I think the strongest area we have is our wide forwards options, four quality footballers

Yep, absolute priority for me is a Cutrone replacement. No idea how we are going to manage that though.

Yep, absolute priority for me is a Cutrone replacement. No idea how we are going to manage that though.

Difficult one.

It’s why I was an advocate for a signing like Hwang (now signed for Leipzig). Can play across front three quite comfortably. It’s a very difficult one to get 100% right. cutrone is a very good forward in his own right but wasn’t willing to wait for a sustained run of minutes that he needed.

I’d personally be tempted to put more faith in Diogo as a central player to give Raul a rest occasionally, but we haven’t done that since we were in the championship.

No idea how rated Campana is. Obviously not ready now as not been on the bench very often but he’s only just arrived.

Who said I thought the weak link was Podence?

You did. You said all of our four wide forwards. Podence is the least justifiable in that as he's only just started playing.

Difficult one.

It’s why I was an advocate for a signing like Hwang (now signed for Leipzig). Can play across front three quite comfortably. It’s a very difficult one to get 100% right. cutrone is a very good forward in his own right but wasn’t willing to wait for a sustained run of minutes that he needed.

I’d personally be tempted to put more faith in Diogo as a central player to give Raul a rest occasionally, but we haven’t done that since we were in the championship.

No idea how rated Campana is. Obviously not ready now as not been on the bench very often but he’s only just arrived.

It either got to be an older player on a free (Giroud please) or another player like Campana - though I think it's odd we didn't see him on the bench more with the extra placess we had available recently.

Giroud signed a one year extension taking him to next summer.

He certainly wouldn't come to Wolves to sit on the bench. Hell go back abroad.

It either got to be an older player on a free (Giroud please) or another player like Campana - though I think it's odd we didn't see him on the bench more with the extra placess we had available recently.

Yeah. I need to sit down and think about forwards at some point and see who’s available (that’s actually viable rather than a Giroud as you say!)

Centre backs I’m interested to see who we try to sign. Disasi as a rumour made sense (good passing by all accounts), I don’t buy that we will go for Dias. the price Mohamed Salisu is available for seems right up our street but he’s heavily linked with Southampton..

Cavani is on a free :icon_lol:

We would have to make sure we have plenty of XS shirts in for him. I have never seen him wear a top that fits properly.

I know there's no chance of Giroud, I just think he's great.

Said this yesterday, but Josh King would be my choice can play the central role or on the left in a 3 or one of the two. Doesn't get long term injuries, but does seem to get a lot of short ones that hopefully our f&c team can help with. We will kill Raul at some point if we don't get him some help. If it's £20m or less then pay what's required.

Yeah. I need to sit down and think about forwards at some point and see who’s available (that’s actually viable rather than a Giroud as you say!)

Centre backs I’m interested to see who we try to sign. Disasi as a rumour made sense (good passing by all accounts), I don’t buy that we will go for Dias. the price Mohamed Salisu is available for seems right up our street but he’s heavily linked with Southampton..
Rugani has been heavily linked. I like the sound of him but he hasn't been well received at Juve this season and has featured very little.

I know there's no chance of Giroud, I just think he's great.

Oh I know mate and I don’t disagree, he’s great.

Said this yesterday, but Josh King would be my choice can play the central role or on the left in a 3 or one of the two. Doesn't get long term injuries, but does seem to get a lot of short ones that hopefully our f&c team can help with. We will kill Raul at some point if we don't get him some help. If it's £20m or less then pay what's required.

A good call but I can see him going to United. Recently gone back to same agent as Solskjaer (the nasty piece of work one)

Oh I know mate and I don’t disagree, he’s great.

A good call but I can see him going to United. Recently gone back to same agent as Solskjaer (the nasty piece of work one)
Has he? Well the Norwegian factor and Utd driving any price up probably kills that then

You did. You said all of our four wide forwards. Podence is the least justifiable in that as he's only just started playing.

Yes, as in, "not all of them". Not "all of them are not".

For the record, I think Jota is current bottom of the totem pole there, but as I say, not really a priority just now.

Has he? Well the Norwegian factor and Utd driving any price up probably kills that then

I have a lot of time for King but he's coming off a pretty poor season. Hard to say how much of that is owed to Bournemouth in general being pretty shit this year.

Back