• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I'd let Adama go if we got a silly bid tbh.

If we ended up with c£60m profit, and replaced Traore with Sarr I'd be happy with that

I've only seen Sarr play well in one game? Can't say i've watched huge amounts of Watford though.

I'm working on the assumption that any reports linking us to existing Premier League players are bunk, to be honest.

We haven't bought an established Premier League player since we got promoted. Traore's the only one who spent much time in the Prem before we signed him in recent years, and even then we bought him when he was a Championship player who no Premier League team gave a second thought to. If you look over the entirety of the Fosun years, we're basically just talking Afobe, Ruddy and Bennett, and none of those were Premier League regulars when we signed them.

I'd rather we just kept Adama. He's been excellent this season and still has a lot to learn. We manage his game time properly and he could really tear it up next season.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I'd let Adama go if we got a silly bid tbh.

Tend to agree, don't want to lose any of our top players really but feel the amount we'd get would be tempting. Still think we play better and are more balanced without Traore in the team but he is a real game changer, I still see him as an impact sub to get the best out of him

This is going to be a one man hill I'm going to die on, but I'd swap Traore for Grealish and a few million. Not directly obviously, but I think Nuno would turn him into the player he could be not the show pony he is and I think we'd be a better side overall for it.

This is going to be a one man hill I'm going to die on, but I'd swap Traore for Grealish and a few million. Not directly obviously, but I think Nuno would turn him into the player he could be not the show pony he is and I think we'd be a better side overall for it.

I think Grealish could be a very good player if he did what Nuno tells him but I suspect he'll be too 'Billy Big Bollocks' for that, also their value would be about the same wouldn't it? Personally wouldn't swap Traore for Grealish

Traore has come on hugely this season, I’m really interested to see if he can keep improving next year too, would be some player.

I think Grealish could be a very good player if he did what Nuno tells him but I suspect he'll be too 'Billy Big Bollocks' for that, also their value would be about the same wouldn't it? Personally wouldn't swap Traore for Grealish
Very brave Tony.
As I said, a one man hill [emoji3]. I just think swapping the two would make us a better team, but it involves trusting Nuno to coach Grealish and more importantly him listening.

I'd let Traore go as well,we'd have to find another way to play rather than give it Traore and see what he can do,have the feeling he could be a one season wonder,you know what I mean
Wouldn't have grealish here but have to admit it'd wind villa fans up no end

I'm with you tbh, I'd love to see grealish here, I think he's a cracking player, and will only get better playing with quality players and a quality manager.

On the basis I have never once heard, under Fosun, that wolves need money, I am somewhat astonished to read comments, like....."if they met our price and then we could afford....". It's just billy big bollocks, Fosun will sell who they want to sell and buy who Nuno wants to buy, and all the rest of this fan bartering is just bored people with fuck all else to do than type shit on the internet. I have followed wolves since 1957, does that give me more of a say than Nuno And Fosun????? Does it bollocks! Remember......opinions are like arseholes.......
Please don't pillory me with financial whatever bollocks it is, just ask man city what you can do if you know how.

I don't see how selling any our best players (mainly Adama in this context) for mega money actually benefits the team, unless it's so we can use the profit to buy even better players, but surely our owners can afford to do that anyway. Sounds more like a video game than real life.

I don't see how selling any our best players (mainly Adama in this context) for mega money actually benefits the team, unless it's so we can use the profit to buy even better players, but surely our owners can afford to do that anyway. Sounds more like a video game than real life.

The income would allow us to spend more as per ffp rules. £60m in, goes straight in. £60m out is amortised against the length of the player's contract. We're hamstrung by ffp, but a big sale would allow fosun to go bigger, in the hope that that in turn results in more income later down the line

Back