• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Yes I do.

It ruined Football.

1 keeper
2 RB
3 LB
4 DM
5CH
6CH
7 RW
8 CM
9 CF
10 CF
11 LW
12 sub

Thats it

The rage when they added 2 subs must have ruined a whole year for you.

Suppose it was good you weren't around when they started to introduce things like solid cross bars, offsides and paying the players

Even with squad numbers you can have an evolution of the squad over a period that sees a lot of that 1 to 11 in the right places. Things like the number 7 at Manchester United has mostly been the correct position over the years.

A lot players these days don't like changing. So even when they have the chance to move to a "standard" number they refuse.

There's a bit of "it's my lucky number" for sure. Certain shirts like the United 7 and Liverpool or Newcastle 9 are iconic though and a player is honoured to change to that shirt.

The rage when they added 2 subs must have ruined a whole year for you.

Suppose it was good you weren't around when they started to introduce things like solid cross bars, offsides and paying the players

Yeah i remember we were all annoyed when they introduced 3 subs on the bench

I was thinking this when I first read this thread – and then I saw the sad news about Jack Charlton – but no team for me better summed up traditional numbers than that Leeds team. Sprake, Reaney, Cooper, Bremner, Charlton, Hunter, Lorimer, Clarke, Jones, Giles, Gray.

I’m a big traditionalist where numbers are concerned. Can you seriously imagine Steve Bull with 22 on his back? Or Dave Wagstaffe wearing 29? I have to admit to feeling uncomfortable when Jordao and Neto were given 6 and 7. Now Neto has earned his, but a player we won’t even bring off the bench wearing 6? No, it’s just wrong.

And as we are all reading this thread I’d like to take this chance to apologise to DW for the language I used in my reply on Wednesday evening. There are times when we all over react to defeats and say the wrong thing and on Wednesday it was my turn. So, Dan, I am sorry for my less than eloquent turn of phrase and I hope you’ll accept the virtual pint I’m buying you before the Everton game.

Then again the great Liverpool side of the 70's two wide men Ray Kennedy and Heighway had numbers 5 & 9.

Someone drag out a video of Celtic at that time will make Alan's head explode.

There's also the fact that many players now include their number in social media handles.

Then again the great Liverpool side of the 70's two wide men Ray Kennedy and Heighway had numbers 5 & 9.

Someone drag out a video of Celtic at that time will make Alan's head explode.

Why's that?

I've seen players with 3 digit numbers on their shirts, which I think some of you may consider to be a war crime.

In the 1990 World Cup squad Franco Baresi wore 2, Paolo Maldini 7 and Carlo Ancelotti was the number 9!! The hallowed number 10 shirt was given to Nicola Berti instead of Roberto Baggio or Roberto Mancini - what a mess!

Is there any chance the numbers bollocks could be moved to a different thread? This is probably the thread many people click on first as soon as soon as there's an update and it's basically been 3 pages of tedium

Is there any chance the numbers bollocks could be moved to a different thread? This is probably the thread many people click on first as soon as soon as there's an update and it's basically been 3 pages of tedium

Here here!!!

Being linked with Ruban Dias.

I would be happy with him replacing Saiss. Would like to see Doc upgraded

Wtf? Rumours about Podence to Celtic on loan

Has Nuno decided he doesn't want him??

Sounds like bullshit to me

Yeah it's come from the Mirror, won't be true.

So Nuno isn’t signing a new contact then...?

So Nuno isn’t signing a new contact then...?

That's going to happen anyway, there's no panic about that though and I certainly don't take anything that comes from a red top paper as gospel.

Back