• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

If we sign Ait-Nouri, does that mean we sell or loan Vinagre out? Was it Monaco who made a bid for him earlier in the summer?

Ait-Nouri and Lemar with option to buy one of them reckons.

The guy who's saying that has been making stuff up all window.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Ait-Nouri and Lemar with option to buy one of them reckons.

If we signed those two, the squad would be extremely competitive and balanced. I’d be delighted with both.

I'm not sure we sign anyone else unless someone leaves. If we do it means with everyone fit someone has to miss out on the squad and Nuno doesn't seem a big fan of doing that and would rather go with 18 and let the youth fill in when needed. However i would love a centre back if there's one going. Boly nowhere near his best since the Arsenal game and while Saiss has been better than him he's also capable of throwing one of those challenges in as he did on Monday or to get caught pressing too much. We need someone to give them proper competition but hopefully find someone better than both.

Has he/she got anything right so far...

As we haven’t signed Esteves, Leite, Telles or Emerson, and he hasn’t predicted any of the players we have signed... no.
I'm not sure we sign anyone else unless someone leaves. If we do it means with everyone fit someone has to miss out on the squad and Nuno doesn't seem a big fan of doing that and would rather go with 18 and let the youth fill in when needed. However i would love a centre back if there's one going. Boly nowhere near his best since the Arsenal game and while Saiss has been better than him he's also capable of throwing one of those challenges in as he did on Monday or to get caught pressing too much. We need someone to give them proper competition but hopefully find someone better than both.

With Semedo having come in, Hoever will probably primarily be used as a centre back.

Boly has had more bad games at rcb in about 15, than lcb in over 100

With Semedo having come in, Hoever will probably primarily be used as a centre back.

Yeah that's what i'm expecting to be honest but i'd like us to go and get an out and out one that improves our starting 11 if possible. I do think that's quite tough to do without spending a ridiculous amount with centre backs at the moment though.

Do you think that's testament to Jonny and Boly has struggled having Doc and Traore and their obvious frailties next to him?

I think you're right, still doesn't explain why Boly always passes to an opposition player at least once a game even when under no pressure :)

Do you think that's testament to Jonny and Boly has struggled having Doc and Traore and their obvious frailties next to him?

Personally think this is a major contributing factor, tbf its only since the Arsenal game that Boly has had a few dodgy moments, he was fine before that, in fact our defending improved noticeably when he came back from injury

I don't tbh, his mistakes have tended to be mental rather than a result of being overloaded. It was only the Championship, but Baz wasn't defensively great and he had no issues there and other than against Everton hasn't looked uncomfortable with Vinagre playing LWB. I just think he feels more comfortable on the left

I don't think any of his mistakes or lapses have really had anything to do with the side of the pitch he's been on or the player positioned outside of him. There certainly seems to be correlation between poor performances and which side he plays on but I've not yet seen anything hard and fast to prove a cause. Certainly not like the few times where Saiss played that side before and looked horrific because he kept going with his stronger foot regardless of the situation, ending up trying to tackle across his own body when people went down the outside of him.

Could be worth swapping him back over at some point to see if his form picks back up but given Saiss is outperforming him at the moment you sort of struggle justifying it.

I don't think any of his mistakes or lapses have really had anything to do with the side of the pitch he's been on or the player positioned outside of him. There certainly seems to be correlation between poor performances and which side he plays on but I've not yet seen anything hard and fast to prove a cause. Certainly not like the few times where Saiss played that side before and looked horrific because he kept going with his stronger foot regardless of the situation, ending up trying to tackle across his own body when people went down the outside of him.

Could be worth swapping him back over at some point to see if his form picks back up but given Saiss is outperforming him at the moment you sort of struggle justifying it.

I can’t prove it but I think you’ve hit the nail squarely on its bonce there.

Back