• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

All of Todibo/Telles/Lamar please Jeff

Should be less than €100m!

All of Todibo/Telles/Lamar please Jeff

Should be less than €100m!

More like €70m! That's not a massive net spend to give yourself a really good crack at 4th, and all with resale value

Villa are after Ross the Boss on loan. I think I'd take that gamble if Vitinha isnt that kind of player, which I've seen mixed messages about. Whether Chelsea would let him come to us I don't know, I certainly wouldn't offer guaranteed game time

I don't see us playing 3-5-2 very often so it's a no from me.

Villa are after Ross the Boss on loan. I think I'd take that gamble if Vitinha isnt that kind of player, which I've seen mixed messages about. Whether Chelsea would let him come to us I don't know, I certainly wouldn't offer guaranteed game time

Yes I’d have taken Barkley or RLC if we hadn’t taken vitanha/if Chelsea would sanction it.

Same with Todibo or Lemar if we hadn’t got Silva or Hoever. Pointless spending £45m if they’re not going to get a look in. I’m all for them being the future but they’ll need games to get there.

I don't see us playing 3-5-2 very often so it's a no from me.
I still think it could be our best formation, although appreciate in a Diogoless world Nuno probably doesn't
Yes I’d have taken Barkley or RLC if we hadn’t taken vitanha/if Chelsea would sanction it.

Same with Todibo or Lemar if we hadn’t got Silva or Hoever. Pointless spending £45m if they’re not going to get a look in. I’m all for them being the future but they’ll need games to get there.
Agreed, very much comes down to what Vitinha is to me. Originally it was said he could carry the ball into the oppositions box, but Lycan said he's more of a junior Moutinho, which would mean we still don't have that midfield player to break beyond the forward(s)

Maybe Vitinha's the regenerated Moutinho with the same brain but younger legs that carry him further forward? The David Tennant to Christopher Ecclestone if you will.

The Telles thing is interesting - apparently Porto want £18m, Man Utd want to pay £12m. Sounds like the ideal situation for Jorge to get us to offer £18m and ask Utd to match it.

If they do, Telles gets his ideal move and Porto get their cash. If they don’t, we get him for £18m with lots of thanks from Jorge and Porto.

Winners all round?

The Telles thing is interesting - apparently Porto want £18m, Man Utd want to pay £12m. Sounds like the ideal situation for Jorge to get us to offer £18m and ask Utd to match it.

If they do, Telles gets his ideal move and Porto get their cash. If they don’t, we get him for £18m with lots of thanks from Jorge and Porto.

Winners all round?

The Telegraph have Porto asking for £36m

That’s his release clause. Can’t remember where I saw the article, will have a hunt.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metr...ith-porto-to-lower-asking-price-13323027/amp/

Porto full-back Alex Telles has urged the club to lower their £18.3million asking price in order for him to get his wish of joining Manchester United this summer.

The 27-year-old is believed to have already agreed personal terms over a move to Old Trafford but United have had difficulty in agreeing a fee with the Portuguese club.

Porto value Telles at €20m (£18.3m) but United feel that he is worth closer to £12m and talks have hit a stalemate in recent days with both parties unwilling to compromise.

Last edited:
For the reputation Telles has earned, £12m seems a bit of a lowball offer.

If Man U are valuing Telles at less than £18m then what’s their valuation for Brandon Williams, who would no doubt drop down the pecking order to third choice LB behind Luke Shaw if the Telles signing happened.

Although I’ve got no time for most Man U players, Williams is someone I’ve been impressed with, based on age and experience surely he would be worth a look at.

Back