• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I don't think Neves could ever do that, he's a lovely payer, but he doesn't have the pace or 'ghosting' ability to do that. Vitinha perhaps? Ideally you want someone bigger & stronger though I think

Maybe get Dave "best in the division at making late runs" Edwards back to coach our numpties on what to do.

I'm still hoping for an N'Diaye upgrade. Been waiting a while tbf.

Heh.

To go back to a post of yours the other day - I randomly think of Bonatini sometimes too - he was class for us first half of the season. What happened! Perhaps he just looked it as the whole team in general was. I thought he might do OK for Forest

Not too long back (Andy possibly?) was quite upset we got rid of [legit can't remember his name - *Googles* - Don't even know what to Google, gunna have to sift through ex players... - Ben Marshall

Heh.

To go back to a post of yours the other day - I randomly think of Bonatini sometimes too - he was class for us first half of the season. What happened! Perhaps he just looked it as the whole team in general was. I thought he might do OK for Forest

Not too long back (Andy possibly?) was quite upset we got rid of [legit can't remember his name - *Googles* - Don't even know what to Google, gunna have to sift through ex players... - Ben Marshall

29 and last seen at Stoneclough who haven't even got a wikipedia page!

Mad how he fell off a cliff!

He doesn't help himself, the big tubster. Good player at Championship level when he wants to be. I thought we'd try him at RWB at some point, we never did.

I thought we'd try him at RWB at some point, we never did.

Probably becasue of his lack of pace. Man City in the League Cup we put him clean through twice in the first half and he struggled to get to the penalty area

The only area that I'd be desperate to upgrade right now would be back up goalkeeper. John Ruddy is not for for purpose at this level.

If Patrício picks up an injury we're absolutely screwed. Look at Arsenal last year, Leno went down, Martinez stepped in and performed brilliantly. If they'd had someone like Ruddy they might have finished bottom half and probably wouldn't have won the cup.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Hugo Ventura, 32 Free agent, ex Porto and Rio Ave, Portuguese?

Marcos Diaz ex Boca Juniors also a free agent , 34 though.

We will go young but very good so they can take over when Rui hangs the gloves up.

definitely need a young keeper brought in to learn... I hear an excellent prospect might soon be available from chelsea...

:icon_lol: :whistle:

Jose Sa is very good indeed but he isn’t going to want to be an understudy to Rui for potentially maybe four years. We need to get one of the top world youth prospects. Maybe around 22 years old so they can grow and be ready to hit their prime when Rui joins the goalkeeping coaching staff*

*living in hope here

Jose Sa is very good indeed but he isn’t going to want to be an understudy to Rui for potentially maybe four years. We need to get one of the top world youth prospects. Maybe around 22 years old so they can grow and be ready to hit their prime when Rui joins the goalkeeping coaching staff*

*living in hope here
There's plenty of capable keepers who are happy just being #2, we don't need to have signed the next Buffon, just someone who won't throw the ball into his own net.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

It depends. Do we want to buy in the next number one or have them grow next to Rui and be ready to take the gloves when the time finally comes? Different buying strategy there. Plus Sondegaard is supposed to be highly thought of. Sarkic is not likely to be the solution I reckon.

I've always thought Jose Sa would be the next keeper. Thought he was very good for Olympiakos. There's going to come a time when players like Rui decide to end their careers somewhere warmer than WV1

Sa is 28 in January, doubt he's going to want to spend peak years sat on the bench. He is definitely not as good as Rui.

Guess it depends how highly they think of Sondegaard. Bayern brought in Nubel and he's only 23, having said that Neuer's got a couple years on Rui (they also didn't have to spend anything as it was a free transfer)

I wonder if Jack Butland is ever going to get his career back on track? 27 now and on Stoke's bench after going to pieces and chucking one in every week. A change of scenery might get him back to what he was and I presume they don't still want £25m for him.

These rumours about Douglas Costa seems persistent - can't see it myself as it can only come at the expense of playing Neto less. I did see one suggestion of Hector Herrera from Atletico, but don't know if it has any basis. But far rather sign a CB or CM than Costa

I wonder if Jack Butland is ever going to get his career back on track? 27 now and on Stoke's bench after going to pieces and chucking one in every week. A change of scenery might get him back to what he was and I presume they don't still want £25m for him.

personally thats a decent shout.

Back