• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Fabrizio says Semedo has signed his contract as a Wolves player.

He’s announced it as a done deal so many times he might have been signed and flipped like Afobe.

Don't know how reliable Tuttosport is, but they have this

Douglas Costa is closer to England and a little further away from Juventus thanks to an assist from Jorge Mendes, Cristiano Ronaldo's super agent. The Portuguese manager, at home at Wolverhampton, is trying to close the Juventus player to Wolves after freeing him the space with the sale of Diogo Jota to Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool. A Mendes-like puzzle, with the blessing of Juventus. At Continassa they intend to refresh the outer lanes and the first step to do so is to say goodbye to former Bayern. The negotiation is moving forward, but it is not yet closed. In England they are convinced that Manchester United, now close to Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), can also make up for it. While waiting to dismiss the green-gold winger, at Continassa they are working on the replacement. The orientation is to bet on a joker similar to Juan Cuadrado e

Do you think it's more reliable than that translation ? :)

Do you think it's more reliable than that translation ? :)

To be honest, Paul, I prefer Google translate from Spanish, Italian etc to the bollocks cliches served up by the English journos. I also think their descriptive phrases for footy are far better than ours

Seems to be a few Douglas costa links about - wouldn’t make sense to me to spend £20m on him given his age and that we already have Traore/Podence/Neto

Can't see us going for him on a perm, could understand a season-long loan as a squad member but I doubt he'd be happy with that, no way we're dropping Podence. Can't see it happening.

It's just the same rumour being recycled over and over. Absolutely does not fit the profile of players we go for - non-starter IMO.

The only possibility I can see is a years loan. I'm sure I read somewhere that Juve were at their limit of non - Italians and as their manager has said he's not in the plans for this season, sending him to us frees a space and presumably brings them some money. Not sure we particularly need him though (have I really just turned my nose up at the possibility of bringing Douglas Costa to Wolves?!).

So no more signings unless we sign some more players?

Well, personally, if that turns out to be the last signing we make in this window, I'd say that our business has been astute, if not very exciting. We have a few potential stars on our hands and our track record in bringing in young players who have shined in the PL isn't too shabby (Neves, Jota, Neto) and with Nuno's tutelage, I can't wait to see how Silva, Hoever and Vitinha fare at Molineux.

So:

Fabio Silva
Marcal
Vitinha
Hoever
Semedo

That's a pretty fucking good window IMO - yes, we've lost Doc but we've absolutely upgraded on him and as sad as I am to see him go, I think with the talent we already have in the squad (especially with Podence looking so good so far this season) I don't think we'll miss Jota that much - it certainly isn't a huge gap left in the squad following his departure.

Of course, we're bound to get the 'we need one more signing or else' brigade but even if we brought in 7 new players, they'd still come out with the same thing.

Hopefully all the new boys will make a positive impact - I think we could have an exciting season.

We've got ourselves into a good position where if someone right becomes available, I'm sure we will do it but I don't think there's any position we are now desperate to improve.

To be honest, Paul, I prefer Google translate from Spanish, Italian etc to the bollocks cliches served up by the English journos. I also think their descriptive phrases for footy are far better than ours

Google translate is rubbish for Spanish.
I pretty much translate my own Spanish now, can understand the written Spanish, can understand spoken if i tell them despacio.
My spoken Spanish is not good, but far from Bad.
I can hold a conversation in the bar about Football with my Spanish friends.

Well, personally, if that turns out to be the last signing we make in this window, I'd say that our business has been astute, if not very exciting. We have a few potential stars on our hands and our track record in bringing in young players who have shined in the PL isn't too shabby (Neves, Jota, Neto) and with Nuno's tutelage, I can't wait to see how Silva, Hoever and Vitinha fare at Molineux.

So:

Fabio Silva
Marcal
Vitinha
Hoever
Semedo

That's a pretty fucking good window IMO - yes, we've lost Doc but we've absolutely upgraded on him and as sad as I am to see him go, I think with the talent we already have in the squad (especially with Podence looking so good so far this season) I don't think we'll miss Jota that much - it certainly isn't a huge gap left in the squad following his departure.

Of course, we're bound to get the 'we need one more signing or else' brigade but even if we brought in 7 new players, they'd still come out with the same thing.

Hopefully all the new boys will make a positive impact - I think we could have an exciting season.

If you take Nuno's words after the Sevilla game, we are 1 player up on last season (?). it depends on how you take his words. Did he mean we need extra players or just a simple we need to upgrade the options I have and keep the squad around the same size

Back