• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

He's from Harpurhey, very much a product of his environment. Too soon for them to let him go I'd have thought. Loan would be the only option and we don't do those unless there's the option to buy there.

Guardian one on Telles

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...alex-telles-urges-porto-to-lower-asking-price

Alex Telles believes Porto’s asking price to Manchester United of about €20m (£18.3m) for his transfer is unrealistic, with the left-back conscious he is in line to be a free agent next summer.

Although the 27-year-old remains hopeful a deal can be concluded this week, he is braced for negotiations to drag on towards the close of the window on 5 October.

United’s stance is similar to the Brazilian’s and it is understood a valuation in the region of £12m is viewed as more realistic. There is an awareness in the player’s camp and at United that Porto’s need for money from Telles’s sale to finance investment in Sérgio Conceição’s squad may force down the fee. Telles would be clear in January to talk to clubs about a summer move as a free agent.

Telles is wanted by Ole Gunnar Solskjær to provide competition for Luke Shaw and Brandon Williams, with the manager also seeking a greater attacking threat from full-back. Last season Telles, who takes penalties, scored 11 times in the Portuguese top flight and made eight assists. In 158 Premier League appearances for United Shaw has scored once and made seven assists.

If Telles wants Man U then I don't want him here if they cock up again.

He'd never be happy here if he can't get what he wants.

Get real, of course he'd prefer united, every footballer alive would. That doesn't mean he couldn't or wouldn't do a great job and also have a jolly nice time here

If Telles wants Man U then I don't want him here if they cock up again.

He'd never be happy here if he can't get what he wants.

Lol. Get real. Do you think all of our players were born dreaming of signing for Wolves? Jimenez had never heard of us.

If Man Utd can’t get a deal over the line and we can, more fool them.

The dream might be over guys...

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
4m
Manchester City are now in talks with Benfica to sign Rubén Dias including Otamendi offered as part of the deal [total value around €55m]. Same bid made to Sevilla for Koundé [and refused 5 days ago] who’s the other main target as CB after Koulibaly deal stalling. Blue circle #MCFC

The dream might be over guys...

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
4m
Manchester City are now in talks with Benfica to sign Rubén Dias including Otamendi offered as part of the deal [total value around €55m]. Same bid made to Sevilla for Koundé [and refused 5 days ago] who’s the other main target as CB after Koulibaly deal stalling. Blue circle #MCFC
That dream was dead before it even got going. We were never, ever going to sign him, and I can only hope we didn't waste much time trying.

That's not how I imagined Williams' background at all, I'd pictured him as some spoilt little posh boy brat given the sense of entitlement he seems to display towards referees whenever he flings himself to the ground.
There's a decent piece on him from Danny Taylor on The Athletic if you have a subscription.

That's not how I imagined Williams' background at all, I'd pictured him as some spoilt little posh boy brat given the sense of entitlement he seems to display towards referees whenever he flings himself to the ground.

It's anecdotal bollocks, it's not that rough. I've been going there since I was baby, it's got some grim estates and people on benefits but pretty much everywhere in the UK does now

That dream was dead before it even got going. We were never, ever going to sign him, and I can only hope we didn't waste much time trying.

The only issue we had with trying to sign him last year was Benfica insisting the only way he was going was via the buy out option and to do that we had to pay £55m in one go. Just no chance we could do that. I think the chat between Jorge and Benfica would have gone on for a bit but the part involving Jeff/KT would have been minimal.

The only issue we had with trying to sign him last year was Benfica insisting the only way he was going was via the buy out option and to do that we had to pay £55m in one go. Just no chance we could do that. I think the chat between Jorge and Benfica would have gone on for a bit but the part involving Jeff/KT would have been minimal.

if true, good we backed out of that

From the sun (yeah, I know)

EVERTON have launched a transfer bid for Jean-Clair Todibo but are refusing to meet Barcelona’s £13.75million asking price, reports say.

We should be all over him for that price.

Someone on MM who heard early about Doc going has said we are close to agreeing Ait Nouri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on MM who heard early about Doc going has said we are close to agreeing Ait Nouri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be excellent - just about Europe's best young LB, and #3 is waiting for him

I thought Ait Nouri was going to Man Utd. He's a Mendes client though; if Man Utd are still hedging their bets and we're interested, you could see it happening.

Back