• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I think I'm going to enjoy the next stage in our development.

I dunno, I remember John Pasin scoring the winner in the 89th minute v Plymouth in the in September 1989 like it was yesterday but never heard of Semedo till last week but my 8 year old son knows who he is.

Suppose thats evolution for you.

One of our obvious problems last season was our failure in the League to score enough goals each match . We rarely scored more than 2 goals per game , thus ensuring that some potential wins ended up being draws and some potential draws ended up being defeats .
Jiminez is a really good goal scorer , but he needs a regular goal scorer as back up - it seems like a lot pressure to be expecting Fabio to become that back up this season .
Podence might well be the missing link to providing that rock solid provider that ensures more goals - considering that he hardly played last season .

Sheffield Utd. match - had two scored inside 7 minutes and then failed to score again - that's a concern . We're not going to get those simple chances in every match or indeed most of them .

Were we looking at Reguilon as a replacement for Doherty or does he play the other side. If he plays the same side as Doc then have Spurs signed his replacement already?

One of our obvious problems last season was our failure in the League to score enough goals each match . We rarely scored more than 2 goals per game , thus ensuring that some potential wins ended up being draws and some potential draws ended up being defeats .
Jiminez is a really good goal scorer , but he needs a regular goal scorer as back up - it seems like a lot pressure to be expecting Fabio to become that back up this season .
Podence might well be the missing link to providing that rock solid provider that ensures more goals - considering that he hardly played last season .

Sheffield Utd. match - had two scored inside 7 minutes and then failed to score again - that's a concern . We're not going to get those simple chances in every match or indeed most of them .

That’s the way we play though, can’t see Nuno’s wolves ever putting a team to the sword.

That’s the way we play though, can’t see Nuno’s wolves ever putting a team to the sword.

Thats the way we've played up to now but Nuno seems to have been suggesting that we will be changing. Now whether we change our style completely (unlikely) or more likely gradually evolving our style, its gunna be interesting

Thats the way we've played up to now but Nuno seems to have been suggesting that we will be changing. Now whether we change our style completely (unlikely) or more likely gradually evolving our style, its gunna be interesting
The Coady role will be an interesting one if we try and evolve the style. Ideally you'd want him to bring the ball out, stepping up into midfield, rather than passing longer balls from deep. Sort of what a fit Stones does, but without the mistakes

I don't think that's the case TT, I think Nuno wants his wide CB's to move forward with the ball and have Coady cover.

It'll be what we do with Neves that's interesting me, do we ask him to play further forward with Vitinha/ Moutinho and push the opposition backwards with a higher press/ contain or do we get a Kante type in to press everybody in midfield and allow Rueben a free reign.

The Coady role will be an interesting one if we try and evolve the style. Ideally you'd want him to bring the ball out, stepping up into midfield, rather than passing longer balls from deep. Sort of what a fit Stones does, but without the mistakes

Think thats a good call about Coady

I don't think that's the case TT, I think Nuno wants his wide CB's to move forward with the ball and have Coady cover.

It'll be what we do with Neves that's interesting me, do we ask him to play further forward with Vitinha/ Moutinho and push the opposition backwards with a higher press/ contain or do we get a Kante type in to press everybody in midfield and allow Rueben a free reign.

Yeah more interesting points there....... is Neves mobile enough to play a pressing role? I don't know, maybe I'm under estimating him.

----------------Patricio

-----------Boly Coady Saiss

Semedo Neves Moutinho Marcal

-------Traore Raul Neto

Ruddy
Hoever
Dendoncker
Vinagre
Podence
Vitinha
Silva

With Jonny to come back too.

That definitely looked to be the case against Utd. Boly was already good at it and it was good to see Saiss bringing it forward too. Fits with signing Hoever long term too.

Not sure that is true. We only dropped 4 points from winning positions didn't we?

Not sure that is true. We only dropped 4 points from winning positions didn't we?
The Sheffield United, Burnley & Sevilla games are still fresh in the memory I suppose.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I think the next challenge is to increase our GF without compromising our GA, we do need to score slightly more to break into 6th and above imo

Back