• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Just turned 30 and has a few injury problems but a very impressive player by all accounts.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Nicolo Schiro is saying there is something in the Douglas Costa link

He broke Semedo before Romano, btw - edit- hmm maybe not, off by 20 minutes or so

Still though, he's not calciomercato, who are beyond useless

Oh. Yeah, that's got much more weight behind it than Calciomercato. :icon_lol:

I won't get excited until Fabrizio & Gianluca chip in though.

I'd not known much about Romano but it seems he's the go to journo.

Saw this vid about a day in his life of basically going around Milan looking for football people and agents and getting lots of calls and messages. Interesting to see where all the info comes from, and unsurprisingly it's players agents.

https://youtu.be/EBsdNSDsDMk

Yep - tbf he doesn't break as many stories as people think - the Jota to Liverpool thing came from a random twitter account Thursday night for example - it's more that he has a near spotless record of confirming when things are definitely happening

Would Costa be a replacement for Jota? Also would we interested in a 30 year old? Unless we're looking for a bit of experience and he comes cheap?

Our medical team and Nuno can work their magic and we'll have a great player at a cut down fee.

Think it was a 50% sell on and we got£ 6.5million as did the selling club.

Nope. Portuguese clubs have to declare incoming/outgoing transfer fees. Sporting paid €7M, there's no debating that.

If we had a 50% sell on (which I doubt, nobody has sell on clauses that high) then it's €3.5M.

The last I read about Douglas Costa it was to be part of a swap deal with Juve that involved Jiminez or Traore for Costa/Federico Bernadeschi/Aaron Ramsey. That was about a week or so ago.

Can't see their thinking changing that much.

So Timmy 1 thinks we may have another incoming after Semedo

"I think fans should take a moment to drink this in. OK, Jota, Doc have gone, but #Wolves are paying £29m for Barcelona's right back after breaking their transfer record (£35m) on a player compared with Cristiano Ronaldo. And, we're led to believe, there's another to come."

If we bring in Semedo plus one more while holding on to Raul, Neves & Traore then we've had a very successful window indeed.

Would we really be after Costa given that Traore will now resume his forward role? And the fact we are only in two competitions.

I'd be hoping for a CB like Todibo.

Yeah, for me the thinking behind letting Jota go was at least partly because we're going to struggle to give gametime to everyone who plays wide. Even more so if we see Vitinha as an option there while he's acclimatising to English football.

So bringing in another high profile player to swap straight in doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I’m not sure we’ll sign another defender.

Semedo/Hoever - RWB
Marcal/Vinagre (eventually Jonny) - LWB
Saiss/Coady/Boly/Marcal/Hoever/Donk (plus Kilman but assume he’ll go out on loan) - LCB/CB/RCB

Plenty of flexibility and cover there*. If we bring in another I reckon it might be to replace Jota, even though the initial reports were we were happy to roll without one.

*this isn’t me saying I wouldn’t mind someone like Dias or Todibo.

I’m not sure we’ll sign another defender.

Semedo/Hoever - RWB
Marcal/Vinagre (eventually Jonny) - LWB
Saiss/Coady/Boly/Marcal/Hoever/Donk (plus Kilman but assume he’ll go out on loan) - LCB/CB/RCB

Plenty of flexibility and cover there*. If we bring in another I reckon it might be to replace Jota, even though the initial reports were we were happy to roll without one.

*this isn’t me saying I wouldn’t mind someone like Dias or Todibo.

Agree with all that

In 3 weeks we have gone from "Sign someone...ANYONE" to "Where would we put YET ANOTHER PLAYER!"

Said he hadn’t heard anything rather than saying it was a lie tbf.

If we sign another one I'd really like a midfielder like Soumare - someone who can really drive forward with the ball. But we're in fantasy land now...

Back