• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I was just about to post the Fabrizio Romano tweet but beaten to it. We've certainly come a long way when you sign current Barcelona stars for your team! This will also give a proper "here we come" to our rivals...

Will be interesting to see if Jeff or Nuno says, "That's it" when they unveil NS. I reckon there's one more to come

A weirdly negative take on someone who was first-choice right-back for the Spanish champions last season.

Helped Portugal win the Nation's League and would have kept his place for the recent Euro 2020 qualifiers if he hadn't got injured.

I'm not sure what else you expect from him.
As I said, only really had numbers to go on as he's never really stood out for me in any game I've seen him.

Started just over half their games as the only real right back in the squad as far as I can see. Whoscored doesn't have him down for any caps last season and only 2 the year before. Obviously Barcelona is still a completely different proposition to Wolves but it doesn't appear he's first name on the teamsheet there unless there have been a fair few injuries holding him back.

Just looking at some criticisms of his defending, especially in the Champions League this season, but he's expected to do both attacking and defending in Barca's system and he doesn't have a lot of cover behind him and has to run all the way back as well.

One Barca supporter said:

"Put Semedo is a system where he has a proper winger in front of him or in a system where midfielders and CBs can actually run and defend and he would be a truly elite RB."

Seems his weakness is his 1 on 1 defending and his crossing is weak. Those won't be as much of an issue for us as he'll have plenty of support behind him and Traore/Neto in front of him.

From the scouting report:

The realization needs to be made that Semedo is one of the best in the world at his position, and can even play and suit himself at left-back. At 26-years-old he has a high ceiling and can become the best at both the offensive and defensive sides of the game.

Just looking at some criticisms of his defending, especially in the Champions League this season, but he's expected to do both attacking and defending in Barca's system and he doesn't have a lot of cover behind him and has to run all the way back as well.

One Barca supporter said:

"Put Semedo is a system where he has a proper winger in front of him or in a system where midfielders and CBs can actually run and defend and he would be a truly elite RB."

Seems his weakness is his 1 on 1 defending and his crossing is weak. Those won't be as much of an issue for us as he'll have plenty of support behind him and Traore/Neto in front of him.

Their system didn't suit him very well. Especially their defensive cover when attacking. I think our system will suit him down to the ground. A really massive statement for us.

Just watching the YouTube video of him and he looks very similar in style to Doc but a lot more skillful and quicker with the ball both in using it and running.

Didn't see too many goals from him so may miss that but if he replicates how he plays on the video I'm sure Jiminez and Co will be filling their boots with all the chances.

Getting genuinely excited at this one.

Talk of Douglas Costa on twitter.

I'm sitting here having a cup of tea and I'm genuinely struggling to come to terms with this.

Rui
Boly - Coady - Saiss
Semedo - Neves - Moutinho - Marcal
Adama - Raul - Pod

If you saw that team in the knock out stages of the CL you'd think "fair enough, they'll give anyone a game."

Is the Semedo deal definite then? We for sure?

To reiterate what Paddy said, if Romano says it's happening, it's as near a cast iron certainty as you can get on twitter.

Suppose there's a slight chance he might be in the stadium tomorrow but it'll be the next couple days, pending the medical.

Costa is a fabulous footballer. Very versatile and clever too.

Don't see us signing him though!

Costa is a fabulous footballer. Very versatile and clever too.

Don't see us signing him though!

He's also very injury prone. Man Utd are after him too apparently. Not sure we actually need a winger unless someone is being shipped.

I’d actually rather we signed someone in the Neto mould.

Back