• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

do we think semedo is the #1 target alluded to, or not?

My instinct is not, as the doherty sale has accelerated other plans (upgrading rwb). Am likely wrong though.

He only said it yesterday and we sold Doc weeks ago. I’d say it is the “target”. I think we will be happy with that but if something crops up I’m imagine we will pull the trigger. Big upgrade at LWB so that Marcal and Hoever are first in at CB/WB or in games we want to be more steady.

Excellent. Well in Wolves, quality signing.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Loving this signing. He's quick, good in attack, good in defence, and is an "Absolute Baller" as the kids say nowadays. Looks an ideal wing-back.

https://youtu.be/J8T6B1S6p9E

Don't really know a lot about Semedo other than the name, similar to Cancelo for me in that seems a lot of hype but can't say as I've ever seen him stand out.

Just looking at his previous appearances etc. doesn't appear that he's ever really nailed the right back position at Barcelona despite being the only real option there. Had similar number appearances to Sergi Roberto over the period they've been at the club together, though obviously the latter plays multiple positions, none of them to any aplomb in my opinion.

Similar story for Portugal, not many caps really over several years of involvement, same story for Cancelo to be fair as both have less appearances that Cedric, as does Perreira.

As with pretty much everyone that's been signed in the Fosun era, it's just a case of wait and see for me.
A weirdly negative take on someone who was first-choice right-back for the Spanish champions last season.

Helped Portugal win the Nation's League and would have kept his place for the recent Euro 2020 qualifiers if he hadn't got injured.

I'm not sure what else you expect from him.

Him on the right with Hoever deputising is very tasty. Already good offensively, I'm sure Nuno can add even more to his game. Definitely a Doc upgrade if he can adapt to the PL

Seen a sensible suggestion that Hoever will now be cover for the back line except RWB. That seems to make sense. You'd expect Kilman and Buur to go out on loan I'd guess

Haven't both Adama and Semedo got 99 for Pace on FIFA? Bloody hell...

Good to see experience in Semedo and Marcal on the flanks and excellent young talent in Hoever, Vitinha and Silva. With Jonny to hopefully come back before the end of the season. Feels like a successful start to a new phase

Him on the right with Hoever deputising is very tasty. Already good offensively, I'm sure Nuno can add even more to his game. Definitely a Doc upgrade if he can adapt to the PL
Also pushes Adama out of RWB unless an emergency. Took a couple of weeks but the end result certainly looks like we have upgraded both 1st choice and back up

Also pushes Adama out of RWB unless an emergency. Took a couple of weeks but the end result certainly looks like we have upgraded both 1st choice and back up

Agreed.

I said we had nothing to worry about, guys! :icon_wink:

I'm hoping the Wolves Twitter administrators take his welcome video to the next level.

Back