• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Telles set up one and scored 2 penalties Vs Braga last night. Corona played as well (RF in a front 3).

Esteves not in the squad.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Can't see the Esteves signing as likely now we have Hoever?

I hope not, or at least not with an eye on being the permanent solution. We need some experience now, that doesn't mean old, but someone who we know can plug in and play the season. That wouldn't be the case with either Hoever or Esteves at RWB or at least not as a given

Happy for us to play one or two young kids in the team if they're exceptional, Nuno will no doubt be considering the goals and nous we lose with Doc and Jota going and re-balancing

Hoever and Esteves as our right side would be a proposition that's some way off, surely. It's asking too much IMO

Be happy to try one of the kids if the other position was filled by quality and experience, sure

I still think Maitland-Niles is our main target. You would presume we also have several back up options should we fail to get him.

All the noises coming out of the club, since the Sevilla, was about evolution of the team.

As Upset as I am about Diogo, Nuno, decided to sell in the summer, he also sanctioned the Doc deal.
I am truly excited to see what

1. the rest of window brings
2, our next milestone of Project Wolves

Nuno said in answer to replacing Diogo and about the squad evolving

Paraphrasing
"It's normal for the squad to change"
"We have our Targets"
"The Squad needs balancing"
"We know the player we want"

This to me states that Nuno wants to change the squad and Diogo was one of the ones he decided to let go
He has more than one signing in mind
he definitely has target 1 in mind and has Told Jeff, who his number 1 target is.

We have bought for the future probably with the exception of Marcal.
Fabio Silva and Vithino are ones for the future, but could slot in now for a few games or subs when needed.

Listening to Nuno, we will probably be looking at another 2 or 3 signings, 1 almost certainly a ready now player, and 1 or 2 to strengthen the bench in the mold of Vitinho and Silva.

which sort of matches what he said after the Sevilla game about needing more strength in depth, we have lost 2 players permanently, 1 on Loan and 1 to a serious injury

Jota
Doc
MGW (On Loan)
Jonny

We have replaced Jonny
We don't need to replace Jota directlywhen we have Podence, Neto, and Traore, but probably need to bring in someone to increase the squad Depth, something Nuno alluded to post Sevilla.

without losing anyone we needed 3 players
losing 2 permanent we need at least 5 signings, we have made

3 First team squad players,
1 of whom will play every game, and looked really good
2 who will not start many, but you would not be unhappy to have them off the bench, or start 3 or 4 games, to give the likes of Raul or Mouts a rest.

and 2 who will be around the first team squad but would not really want them regular bench or starters
we need another 2 1 of whom must be a starter at RWB and one of whom must be in the mold of Vitinho, and Silva, someone who could start 3 or 4 games, and come on to change the game, something we had nothing of V Sevilla.

I think Vitinha is for now, Silva for later

That's my 1 game assessment

Edit: throw in Marcal, i think he will be used in some games at LWB and Vinagre is currently a headache as he's meant to be the other option.

Fabrizio Romano says we're close to signing Semedo

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Semedo definitely makes sense if we're going to a more possession based style of play but also still doesn't take away the counter attack, not sure he's much better than Doc at defending but he's definitely better on the ball and it will definitely give us something different.

Back