• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Nothing to do with being chill or otherwise. You can't say we'll sign a Doc upgrade in the next fortnight with complete confidence any more than I can say we won't.

Wouldn’t put my house on it but I’d be pretty confident. Certainly wouldn’t be screaming we won’t.

Either outcome is still realistic, just because we're all desperate for option A doesn't mean we can talk about it like it's happened. In fact the longer we wait the less time there is to do any more business. Getting the right player isn't a given, regardless of how hard we're trying. Some fans find that more unsettling than others

We might not sign the right player, but time doesn’t affect that. You can sign a dud any time. Like I said, evidence is in favour that we will sign someone, and they will be good.

Same as all this talk of Jota being fourth choice and now you call him a squad player. He started over 30 PL games last season even with his inconsistency, more than Neto (who I agree is big competition for him), and Pod has only just got into double figures for PL starts I think.

IMO, I think we they will replace him, I think he was third choice at best, and Neto I hope can go above e him too. You might not agree, fine. But it’s not like we don’t have options and are going to be left short.

Again, with the money we could end up with a better all round squad, we might not. I have less issue with the club making these calls than I do with people on the forum telling me that their wishful thinking is fact, and my exploration of anything other than best case scenarios is an outrage

Yes we might, agreed. But your using selling Jota (for a very good fee in a position we definitely have ready made replacements/superior players) to panic about not signing a RWB. They are not related. If anything it makes our ability to Sign a RWB better.

Nuno: " We still have to adjust the squad. We need to balance the squad better. We have already identified a target and we know the player we want to bring in. Jeff (Shi) knows who our target is and where we need to work on the squad. "

Looks disappointingly singular.

Not been put across like that from all the other journos apart from Nash. Spiers says targets, Judah says new faces needed, Edwards says squad needs adjustments.

Nuno: " We still have to adjust the squad. We need to balance the squad better. We have already identified a target and we know the player we want to bring in. Jeff (Shi) knows who our target is and where we need to work on the squad. "

Looks disappointingly singular.

Tbh I wasn't expecting more than one more after Hoever in this window

Raul, is at his Peak and his ceiling has been reached, i would imagine we would get more for Raul, and could probably play a front 3 of Podence, Neto, and Jota in a syatem very similar to Liverpools front 3.
Jota's ceiling is a lot higher

You could easily make a case for Raul being in the top 10 forward players in the world at the moment. You really think Jota's ceiling is higher than that? Based on what evidence?

Completely unrelated and not linked to Wolves at all but Riqui Paige has reportedly been told to find a new club.

I'd be all over that.

Not been put across like that from all the other journos apart from Nash. Spiers says targets, Judah says new faces needed, Edwards says squad needs adjustments.

Weird. I copied it from elsewhere tbh so maybe somebody was being mischievous

You could easily make a case for Raul being in the top 10 forward players in the world at the moment. You really think Jota's ceiling is higher than that? Based on what evidence?

And the fact that he’s indispensable to us and the way we play compared to a player who id start Podence over and think Neto will be as good as if not better.

But I couldn’t really be arsed to respond.

Weird. I copied it from elsewhere tbh so maybe somebody was being mischievous

Yeah no idea whose correct. Doesn't help when they're all watching it on a screen these days and they're all interpreting it in different ways.

Yes we might, agreed. But your using selling Jota (for a very good fee in a position we definitely have ready made replacements/superior players) to panic about not signing a RWB. They are not related. If anything it makes our ability to Sign a RWB better.

Basically none of us know Nuno or the clubs plans, it's just guesswork. But if your guesswork features lots of wishful thinking it gets cut a lot more slack on here! If you even consider what happens if plan A or B don't come off it seems to freak people out and they accuse you of screaming or being a doom merchant

I understand the sale of Jota but for us to take the next step to where the club themselves have said they want to be, that money needs to be reinvested, and not just in kids who've hardly played first team football. It's not as if we haven't struggled on occasion to get signings over the line, or have never had a window where things didn't come off

I understand the sale of Jota but for us to take the next step to where the club themselves have said they want to be, that money needs to be reinvested, and not just in kids who've hardly played first team football. It's not as if we haven't struggled on occasion to get signings over the line, or have never had a window where things didn't come off

If it isn’t reinvested Nuno will walk, new contract or not. The club know what they’ve got to do, they HAVE to get it done. They know that so surely WILL do it.

They don’t and we lose the manager, our other stars and become Crystal Palace. That’s no good to Jeff. So why not go with the 90% chance that it will happen rather than the 10% that it won’t. It will be better for you

Basically none of us know Nuno or the clubs plans, it's just guesswork. But if your guesswork features lots of wishful thinking it gets cut a lot more slack on here! If you even consider what happens if plan A or B don't come off it seems to freak people out and they accuse you of screaming or being a doom merchant

Most of us aren't guessing anything! No wishful thinking here, just exercising patience. I'm reserving my judgement for when I have all of the evidence I need to take an informed view.

Not engaging in public displays of worrying doesn't mean you're engaging in wishful thinking.

Completely unrelated and not linked to Wolves at all but Riqui Paige has reportedly been told to find a new club.

I'd be all over that.

I assume you mean Riqui Puig of Barcelona? I can't believe that.
Yes please, I agree completely.

I do Dino, autocorrect has done me there.

And apparently it is true.

There are apparently doubts over Puig's character which have contributed to Barcelona letting him go. Would go against our 'no dickheads' policy if true.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I'd be all over that.

Just came on to say exactly this

I'm reserving my judgement for when I have all of the evidence I need to take an informed view.

You're in danger of coming across a tad self important there!

I don't need to wait to have an opinion on what's happening right now. Again, it's a football forum!

I think we've taken a big risk letting a couple of senior players who started most of our games last season go, especially as they were our most potent goal threat after Raul. No matter how much people downplay those players, I don't want them replaced solely by a rookie RB.

Sometimes risks come off, I obviously hope they will, but it's not a sure thing as I type this

At 40 years old I don't have football heros anymore, but Jota came pretty close to achieving that status. I understand the business side and I guess this is the world we live in but bloody hell it takes some getting used to.

Frustrating at times, equally brilliant at others, but always 100% commitment and tenacity. He was like a Jack Russell and full of aggression always looking to force the issue.

All the best Jota and thanks for some fantastic memories

You're in danger of coming across a tad self important there!

I don't need to wait to have an opinion on what's happening right now. Again, it's a football forum!

I think we've taken a big risk letting a couple of senior players who started most of our games last season go, especially as they were our most potent goal threat after Raul. No matter how much people downplay those players, I don't want them replaced solely by a rookie RB.

Sometimes risks come off, I obviously hope they will, but it's not a sure thing as I type this

Yet you question anyone who has a different opinion to you.

It is a football forum and as fans we can wish and hope for what we'd like just as you have the right to question why the RWB we all want hasn't been signed yet. (Unless Nuno thinks he's got his man with Hoever and we are all wrong)

There could be many reasons including trying to bash out a deal with the selling club and maybe the lad from Liverpool is a "safety net" signing.

All just my opinion you understand

Back