• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Fuck me Prawn, chill out.

We’ve just sold a squad player for £45m. I supported you on the Doc front but now you are just going way OTT.

We had too many players for the forward positions anyway. One of Jota or Neto was going to get barely any game time. Now that isn’t an issue and we get £45m to burn.

I very much doubt Hoever is going to be our starting RWB. We’re not going to bring in over £100m of fees and spend £50m. We’re not Newcastle. If we do and Traore has to spend all season at RWB and then Podence does his ACL and we end up playing Buur, then fine. But it simply isn’t going to happen.

We will be singing a RWB at the absolute least. I hope we sell Vinagre and sign two elite WBs. That will give us a good chance at the top 4 for me.

The fact we’ve been knocked back for AMN months ago proves we are actively looking. We just might have to wait a week or two.

That’s the best piece I’ve seen from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, was an excellent article. He almost made it to the end without a childish analogy too.

Hoever has confirmed he's leaving Liverpool so safe to assume that one is done. Excited by it, although I'm hopeful he's one to support a new RWB and Boly for now.

I wonder if we could look at moving to 4-3-3 at some point. Hoever and Marcal/ Jonny at FB with Neves DM and Vitinha and Moutinho in front with Adama as a true winger on one side and Neto/ Podence on the other.

It would mean Coady loses his spot.

I wonder if we could look at moving to 4-3-3 at some point. Hoever and Marcal/ Jonny at FB with Neves DM and Vitinha and Moutinho in front with Adama as a true winger on one side and Neto/ Podence on the other.

It would mean Coady loses his spot.
That's one thing I just can't see happening tbh. Nuno has talked about 'evolving' but that would be more of a 'rip it all up and start fresh'.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

If Utd sign Telles I wonder if we have much chance of getting Ait Nouri. Uncle Jorge seems like he is trying to get him a move to the PL.

Sorry what!?

Raul, is at his Peak and his ceiling has been reached, i would imagine we would get more for Raul, and could probably play a front 3 of Podence, Neto, and Jota in a syatem very similar to Liverpools front 3.
Jota's ceiling is a lot higher

Fuck me Prawn, chill out.

We’ve just sold a squad player for £45m. I supported you on the Doc front but now you are just going way OTT.

We had too many players for the forward positions anyway. One of Jota or Neto was going to get barely any game time. Now that isn’t an issue and we get £45m to burn.

I very much doubt Hoever is going to be our starting RWB. We’re not going to bring in over £100m of fees and spend £50m. We’re not Newcastle. If we do and Traore has to spend all season at RWB and then Podence does his ACL and we end up playing Buur, then fine. But it simply isn’t going to happen.

We will be singing a RWB at the absolute least. I hope we sell Vinagre and sign two elite WBs. That will give us a good chance at the top 4 for me.

The fact we’ve been knocked back for AMN months ago proves we are actively looking. We just might have to wait a week or two.

Nothing to do with being chill or otherwise. You can't say we'll sign a Doc upgrade in the next fortnight with complete confidence any more than I can say we won't.

Either outcome is still realistic, just because we're all desperate for option A doesn't mean we can talk about it like it's happened. In fact the longer we wait the less time there is to do any more business. Getting the right player isn't a given, regardless of how hard we're trying. Some fans find that more unsettling than others

Same as all this talk of Jota being fourth choice and now you call him a squad player. He started over 30 PL games last season even with his inconsistency, more than Neto (who I agree is big competition for him), and Pod has only just got into double figures for PL starts I think.

Again, with the money we could end up with a better all round squad, we might not. I have less issue with the club making these calls than I do with people on the forum telling me that their wishful thinking is fact, and my exploration of anything other than best case scenarios is an outrage

That's one thing I just can't see happening tbh. Nuno has talked about 'evolving' but that would be more of a 'rip it all up and start fresh'.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

If we stay with 3 at the back Hoever and Marcal are quite defensive players which would enable us to keep possession better but as an attacking force we'd be awful so I hope we don't go down that route.

I'm hoping we get attacking WB's in and can push up with both wingbacks moving to create space for the inside forwards and vice versa.

One thing we need to improve on is our movement off the ball as we are quite static with defensive WB's and Adama on the pitch.

Guardiola keeps possession because his side is in constant movement. I hope Nuno goes this way.

He’s more defensive than TAA, but can dribble, and pass and move and cross, plus is really good in the air so is kind of the modern wing back. I’ve not seen him score many that aren’t in the air (where he’s scored a few), but that might come.

He’s probably more suited to our formation than Marçal for example.

He mentioned in an article in the Athletic that he loves to attack, so I actually think he could be more of an option at RWB that it seems at first glance.

I hope Hoever can do that and I hope he has good movement as I think that'll be key for the new style.

Nuno: " We still have to adjust the squad. We need to balance the squad better. We have already identified a target and we know the player we want to bring in. Jeff (Shi) knows who our target is and where we need to work on the squad. "

Looks disappointingly singular.

Nuno confirming in todays presser that Hoever is joining.

Back