• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Where did you get that from? I very much doubt Barcelona want max aarons

They’ve had two bids rejected, Bayern also monitoring him. I think Norwich are holding out for a big fee.

I think we will get Semedo (not for the 40m we’ve seen suggested, nearer 20 I think).

Of all our 'big name' players teams could have come sniffing around Jota was the one we could most easily afford to lose IMO. You could argue Traore, but I think with the hype around Traore and the subsequent price we would ask Jota makes the most sense and is least disruptive to the team as I think he is the most easily replaceable.

If we lose a. Jota and b. Doc and replace them with a. no-one and b. Liverpool's third choice RB who hasn't even made a PL appearance, I don't think that's a resounding success story

If we lose a. Jota and b. Doc and replace them with a. no-one and b. Liverpool's third choice RB who hasn't even made a PL appearance, I don't think that's a resounding success story

I’m not necessarily expecting a forward to come in considering our 5 options now, but we absolutely still need to be signing a new RWB. Say it’s Semedo and Hoever and we’ve significantly upgraded in that area IMO

Imagine how pissed off Max Aarons must be right now :icon_lol:

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Blimey, better source than I expected.

I live in Norwich and the season ticket holders I know say he can’t defend and doesn’t score goals (though is decent going forwards). They do think he’s better than Lewis though, who couldn’t defend or attack.

Just young and English I guess.

This is the sky version - loan not buy

BARCA FAIL WITH AARONS ATTEMPT

Barcelona have failed in an attempt to sign Max Aarons from Norwich City.

Barcelona wanted to take the England U21 right-back on loan but Norwich were not prepared to let him go because there was no obligation to buy.

Aarons is believed to have agreed personal terms with Barcelona and the La Liga club will now try to sign their second choice, Sergino Dest from Ajax.

That really is cherry picking to suit your narrative at its very best....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not necessarily expecting a forward to come in considering our 5 options now, but we absolutely still need to be signing a new RWB. Say it’s Semedo and Hoever and we’ve significantly upgraded in that area IMO

What 5 options are you referring to? I agree with your last point, but it hasn't happened yet and people are already saying just Hoever is fine

That really is cherry picking to suit your narrative at its very best....

Oh mate, there are plenty of narratives going on, let's not pretend otherwise!

I've already said I'm fine with the sale but it needs to lead to investment

What 5 options are you referring to? I agree with your last point, but it hasn't happened yet and people are already saying just Hoever is fine

Adama, Neto, Podence, Raul, Silva. Then I guess Shabani is next in line in currently but he will barely get close

I’m excited by the Hoever signing, but we won’t/can’t be signing him to go straight into the team as first choice all season. Not even sure that will be his best position anyway

Oh mate, there are plenty of narratives going on, let's not pretend otherwise!

I've already said I'm fine with the sale but it needs to lead to investment

Regarding Jota, in the last 12 months, he has been very inconsistent - we have also seen the growth of Neto, the rapid progression of Traore (as a winger), the arrival of Podence and Silva - don’t you think we have more options now?

Interested to see what Jeff says when the Jota deal is confirmed. He was straight down the middle when Doc left so be good to hear if this was a Manager or Players call.

I would expect a 1st team ready signing before close of business in mid October (we get an extra week if we decide Aarons is a suitable target)

I've already said I'm fine with the sale

d9cee87228f811433f7c6a9cc8d38baf.gif

Imagine how pissed off Max Aarons must be right now :icon_lol:

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Liverpool and Barca - DENIED

The lad will be fuming when he gets a move to Fulham

Adama, Neto, Podence, Raul, Silva. Then I guess Shabani is next in line in currently but he will barely get close

I’m excited by the Hoever signing, but we won’t/can’t be signing him to go straight into the team as first choice all season. Not even sure that will be his best position anyway

Vitinha kinda played there on Thursday too.

Interested to see what Jeff says when the Jota deal is confirmed. He was straight down the middle when Doc left so be good to hear if this was a Manager or Players call.

I would expect a 1st team ready signing before close of business in mid October (we get an extra week if we decide Aarons is a suitable target)

Sounds like Jota was keen on the move, if that is the case I hope Jeff makes that clear.

Sounds like Jota was keen on the move, if that is the case I hope Jeff makes that clear.

He did say Doc was keen on the Spurs move but then Nuno was keen for it to happen as well. Kind of expecting a "we wanted to reject it but the player made it clear he wanted to join them" and then Nuno's Thursday night bad mood is explained

If we're thinking 3-4-3 is more likely again now, then that's three positions that need filling. Raul is the central one, Silva his understudy (not seen anything to suggest he will play wider?), so that's three players to fill two slots, and one of those players is our RWB (until we sign someone). So, it's acceptable at best for me.

I don't think emphasising the loss of the goals and assists and spirit Doc and Jota provide over a season is that weird, I'm just saying we need to replace that in some way to progress (or even stay still).

I don't consider all the ifs and buts of 'Neto will be better in 3 years', or considering very young and inexperienced players like Silva and Hoever and Vitinho as dead certs for this season, I wouldn't even factor the likes of Shabani in at the moment.

I completely agree with your sentiment about Hoever as first choice.

Back