• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

He did say Doc was keen on the Spurs move but then Nuno was keen for it to happen as well. Kind of expecting a "we wanted to reject it but the player made it clear he wanted to join them" and then Nuno's Thursday night bad mood is explained
If Percy is already peddling the 'calculated move to evolve the squad' line then that's exactly what the official party line will be as well.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Vitinha kinda played there on Thursday too.

...in an uninspiring defeat.

'Kinda' isn't going to get us 7th place or better this season. Neither are Burr or Shabani.

Strong RWB and I'm happy with all the other supposition that's building up on this thread

As excited as I am by Silva and Vitinha, I can't say I'd be too chuffed if come the end of the window we'd basically replaced Jota, Doherty and Jonny with Silva, Vitinha, Hoeve and Marcal

'Kinda' isn't going to get us 7th place or better this season. Neither are Burr or Shabani.

Strong RWB and I'm happy with all the other 'what ifs'

Kinda as in Neto kinda played there against Utd, we didn’t play with an out and out LWF in either. But if you’re already decided on Vitinha after 1.2 games you have a better eye than me and probably Nuno.

Strong RWB and I'm happy with all the other 'what ifs'

Mate, you are properly the king of doom aren’t you? We get it, you think we’re absolutely 100% fucked, and won’t buy any good players ever.

How about waiting a bit and seeing if we do actually buy an experienced player before you drive a spate of depression on here?

I'd say not replacing Jota means we have a decent RWB coming in because if we don't and Hoever doesn't cut it then it's Adama at RWB.

I just don't see us taking a big risk on Hoever as a starter, I think he'll be like Silva and Vitinha and be a squad player with big potential.

Mate, you are properly the king of doom aren’t you? We get it, you think we’re absolutely 100% fucked, and won’t buy any good players ever.

How about waiting a bit and seeing if we do actually buy an experienced player before you drive a spate of depression on here?

Don't be rational!

Like everyone else I’m sorry to see Diogo leave – loved his aggression & commitment and joy when he scored.
But c£45m – that sounds fair, and he took a big risk coming to us in the Championship, so fair play to him. I wish him nothing but the best.
If we spend the money on say, Todibo and a really good RWB then I’d see it as a very successful window. I’m slightly worried about where the goals will come from as I’m not sure Silva is Premier League ready yet. Right now there appears to be a lot riding on Raul’s continued fitness.
Just hope the Good Lord spares me long enough to see us win the Champions League in 24/25…

Kinda as in Neto kinda played there against Utd, we didn’t play with an out and out LWB in either. But if you’re already decided on Vitinha after 1.2 games you have a better eye than me and probably Nuno.

I hope someone's gonna call you out for twisting things (which happens to me every other post).

I think Vitinha will be excellent for us in time, I just don't think we can suddenly count him as a wide forward option (someone's already tried to shoehorn Shabani in there) just to bolster the argument that all is rosy. Especially when the game you mentioned was an awful one for the team

Hang on a minute, I've praised the signings of both Fabio and Vitinha, I think Marcal is a shrewd option, I was delighted with the Sheff Utd win, and thought many people overreacted to the League Cup loss.

I won't be told that Shabani and Burr and Vitinha up front are dead cert PL options for this season, or have our mythical RWB signing used as a trump card, when we're potentially no nearer signing one than when Doc packed his bags.

You can all look at a theoretical future where we sign Semedo and Neto outperforms Jota this season and talk about it as if it's already happened, doesn't mean I have to. I'm talking about where we're at now.

I’ve yet to see anyone suggest Buur up front..

Really good write up by Spiers on Jota/Wolves in The Athletic

If we lose a. Jota and b. Doc and replace them with a. no-one and b. Liverpool's third choice RB who hasn't even made a PL appearance, I don't think that's a resounding success story

Don't think we'll be looking to replace Jota in this window. If we get a Doc upgrade then along with the youngsters/potential that'll be it for now and a decent window imo

Don't think we'll be looking to replace Jota in this window. If we get a Doc upgrade then along with the youngsters/potential that'll be it for now and a decent window imo

Like I've said, happy with all that if the 'Doc upgrade' isn't a teenager with single figures in appearances

Jota is my favourite player.

I hate Liverpool.

But it doesn't hurt as much as I'd imagine. Think the fairly high fee, fact we won't keep unhappy players and the fact that Neto and Podence look great and I think are potentially better for 343, which I think is ultimately our best formation.

If we sign a RWB and one other player (Telles still the dream for me) I think I'd be fairly happy tbh...

Onwards and upwards?

This one hurts more than most, a lot more than.

Doc I did not give a rats ass.
After, Neves, and Boly he hurts the most.
I would rather lose Raul

Back