• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Semedo definitely makes sense if we're going to a more possession based style of play but also still doesn't take away the counter attack, not sure he's much better than Doc at defending but he's definitely better on the ball and it will definitely give us something different.
Not sure he's better than Doherty defensively? You're kidding right?

It's literally the strongest part of his game.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Yeah Semedo's a great defender. Very happy with this. 26 and over 100 games for Barça.

Signing Barcelona starters is rather more exciting than signing Jordan Graham types.

Blimey.

Not sure he's better than Doherty defensively? You're kidding right?

It's literally the strongest part of his game.

To be fair he's better than Doc defensively but it's not the strongest part to his game, he can tackle without a doubt but his positioning isn't great although Nuno should be able to sort that. The strongest part of his game is being comfortable on the ball and getting it in to the final third from deep areas although like Doc he can't really cross.

Will add i think this is a great signing for us because it is allowing us to adapt the style even more from relying on counter attacking to being able to do that but also control the ball. Sitting and countering isn't sustainable over long periods but being able to do both is a serious asset to have.

Semedo is very good defensively: a big upgrade on Doc there without losing any of his attacking capability.

Very excited by this.

Three of the eight players on Portugal's 'Golden Boy' list play for Wolves

One of Europe's best RWBs is leaving Barcelona for Wolves

Liverpool have just bought someone who wasn't a guaranteed starter for £45m

God only knows what I smoked to get over yesterday's 0-0 borefest with Wycombe but the hallucinations are something else...

How reliable is the Semedo rumour?
If Fabrizio Romano says it's happening, it's happening.

*He has only said that we've put a bid in and Barcelona are ready to accept it at this stage though.

Semedo would be a similar level signing to when we got Neves in the Championship, IMO. *THIS* is the kind of marquee signing we’ve been waiting for...

Blimey. Selling players to the league champions and buying first team players from Barcelona. We've certainly gone up in the world.

Timbo has joined the party -

Barcelona right-back Nelson Semedo is a priority target for Wolves and there's a chance an agreement could be reached this week. Jorge Mendes heavily involved in the deal for the 26-year-old Portuguese international #WWFC

Semedo would make this a very good window. LWB would make it an excellent window

do we think semedo is the #1 target alluded to, or not?

My instinct is not, as the doherty sale has accelerated other plans (upgrading rwb). Am likely wrong though.

Don't really know a lot about Semedo other than the name, similar to Cancelo for me in that seems a lot of hype but can't say as I've ever seen him stand out.

Just looking at his previous appearances etc. doesn't appear that he's ever really nailed the right back position at Barcelona despite being the only real option there. Had similar number appearances to Sergi Roberto over the period they've been at the club together, though obviously the latter plays multiple positions, none of them to any aplomb in my opinion.

Similar story for Portugal, not many caps really over several years of involvement, same story for Cancelo to be fair as both have less appearances that Cedric, as does Perreira.

As with pretty much everyone that's been signed in the Fosun era, it's just a case of wait and see for me.

Romano says it's all done bar medicals next week now.

Back