• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Can this fund Ruben Dias please?

I don't think anybody is questioning why he'd go? The question is why, for a goalscoring Portuguese international with massive potential and 3 years of acclimatisation and experience in English football, we've turned around and gone 'yeah sound la' for thirty five fucking million

If he wants to go then it reduces our leverage to command money for him.

Although personally I think £35m is probably about right.

The fee is fine. We massively over hype our players value.

If there’s loads another £5-£10m in league/CL/International add ons plus a potential sell on fee then we will do OK.

I think north of £40m is right for Jota, so just below if the figure is correct of course. We are getting a decent player for another position for £10m so probably does balance it out a little.

Talk of £39m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that’s right, plus add ons it’s a pretty big chunk of money coming in for us that will hopefully allow us to strengthen overall

I’m still devastated though

I think north of £40m is right for Jota, so just below if the figure is correct of course. We are getting a decent player for another position for £10m so probably does balance it out a little.

Is he £20-25m better than Podence? Or even Neto (still no idea how much we paid for him, depends on the Jordao value). I don’t think so.

The fee isn’t that far out, if at all with add ons. We can’t have our cake and eat it on every deal.

As Alan says, when Liverpool come knocking you lose your leverage. And I definitely think there’s an element of us thinking this is a good deal for us for a player who isn’t indispensable, where it gives us plenty of money to reinvest inside FFP, and keep the family Silver in Raul and Neves.

I think £35m is too low but as he has so much potential then there had better be some pretty fucking hefty add ons in there.

On the flip side, Liverpool fans think £10m is too cheap for Hoever.

£35 million is about on the money in my opinion. The difference between Jota going and others is that Jota has potential to improve, whereas the others were all about at their limit (possibly aside from Costa, but he'd been crap since his injury).

I'll be sad to see Jota go, but there's not a lot of sentiment in football, aside from the fans!

Been expecting this kind of sale since the end of Nuno' 1st season in charge. Surprised it took so long tbh but thought Rubes would be the first one to go. The fee is going to be on the low side but it seems Jorge is part of this so looking like again we have to settle for below what we would think. The negative aspect of that link up.

I'm torn on who has approved this - Nuno was not a happy chap last night and it feels like this is a player forced move but his mood might just have been because we were uber shite and this is another one of his brutal moves. The way this season is having to be done is not ideal as this should be a preseason move rather than ahead of our 2nd game but fuck all we can do about that. Here's to Jorge throwing us 2 postives to cancel that 1 negative in the next few weeks.
If you like at the 3 Mendes deals so far this Summer, we've sold on the low side and bought on the high side, with a loan thrown in

I’d say £35m is probably about right, and as young wolf says, hopefully it allows us to buy a big upgrade somewhere else - be it Dias, Semedo, corona or whoever.

And as well as that - good for Diogo, he’s done well for us, I hope he goes on to do well for Liverpool, he’s a good guy and deserves a good move.

I probably wouldn’t be so nice about it if it was Neves, Jiminez or Boly though...

I'll be sad to see Jota go, but there's not a lot of sentiment in football, aside from the fans!

We learnt under Mick, holding onto players through loyality comes back to smack you. If Nuno has sanctioned this one, he is essentially a Portugese Fergie. Making big calls to push the team forward and refresh

Chilwell £50m
Watkins £33m
Martinez £20m
Eze £20m
Docoure £25m
Hojberg £20m
Tarkowski £35m rejected, Sarr c£40m asking price.

If that's the barometer then Jota is worth £50m for me. Especially given his contract, our owners. As for 'you lose the leverage when Liverpool come calling', Jesus fuck that shit.

I’d say £35m is probably about right, and as young wolf says, hopefully it allows us to buy a big upgrade somewhere else - be it Dias, Semedo, corona or whoever.

And as well as that - good for Diogo, he’s done well for us, I hope he goes on to do well for Liverpool, he’s a good guy and deserves a good move.

I probably wouldn’t be so nice about it if it was Neves, Jiminez or Boly though...
Much as I dislike the phrase, I think this is definitely a 'wait until the end of the window to judge' deal. Unlike Doherty it doesn't necessarily weaken our first 11 in the short term, so although I'm disappointed he's off, I'm happy give it a couple of weeks to judge properly.

I agree with what a couple of others have said, we are going to be putting a lot of pressure on kids 20 and under unless we make at least a couple more signings after Hoever

As for 'you lose the leverage when Liverpool come calling', Jesus fuck that shit.

Would say we do lose some leverage. Not because its Liverpool but if the player says I want out and we have a manager who won't let a player hang around if he is unhappy and if we told Jota no move then proceeded to bench him he could well be a stroppy fuck. So we lose some of the value on him. In a normal market, yes we should get around £45-£50m for him. Have to presume the cost of Hoevre being lowish just means he is part of the deal.

Chilwell £50m
Watkins £33m
Martinez £20m
Eze £20m
Docoure £25m
Hojberg £20m
Tarkowski £35m rejected, Sarr c£40m asking price.

If that's the barometer then Jota is worth £50m for me. Especially given his contract, our owners. As for 'you lose the leverage when Liverpool come calling', Jesus fuck that shit.
Less than 2 years left on his contract though Del, so a lot depends on how he was behaving.
I struggle to believe Nuno wanted him gone though so whether he's pissed with the club for not sorting the contract, pissed with the club for accepting the offer, or pissed with Jota for wanting out, I'd be fairly confident he's pissed

Can definitely see Semedo happening tbh

And it's really pissing me off that RAWK hasn't even got a thread up on him. Bindipping scutters. I fucking hate that football club. I've never met a Liverpool fan that wasn't a complete twat.

And it's really pissing me off that RAWK hasn't even got a thread up on him. Bindipping scutters. I fucking hate that football club. I've never met a Liverpool fan that wasn't a complete twat.
I know three of em who are great lads. In general though, yeah.

I struggle to believe Nuno wanted him gone though so whether he's pissed with the club for not sorting the contract, pissed with the club for accepting the offer, or pissed with Jota for wanting out, I'd be fairly confident he's pissed

I think the only way its not that is if Nuno has asked for a couple of players and been told he need to sell Jota to fund it

:icon_lol: the fans on Twitter seem to be happy with his arrival

Back