• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

For two wide positions we currently have two options. The third looks like heading to Liverpool, the fourth is our right wing back
Yep. And the season is actually underway now, so whilst it may well change by the end of the window it does feel a little complacent to assume everything is going to turn out wonderful at the moment.

Trying to be positive

That first 6 minutes at Sheffield was great to watch and that was more 3 4 2 1 than 343. Perhaps that’s the tweak?

For two wide positions we currently have two options. The third looks like heading to Liverpool, the fourth is our right wing back

Tbf we’ve been linked to a lot of wide players this window and you can guarantee that for every link there’s 2-3 people saying “we don’t need more wingers”. Now it looks like we are selling one, people aren’t happy :icon_lol:

I still can’t figure out who’s getting the better side of the deal (maybe it works for both parties), but if pushed, out of Podence, Neto, Jota & Traore if I had to pick one to sell, it would probably be Diogo.

Tbf we’ve been linked to a lot of wide players this window and you can guarantee that for every link there’s 2-3 people saying “we don’t need more wingers”. Now it looks like we are selling one, people aren’t happy :icon_lol:

I still can’t figure out who’s getting the better side of the deal (maybe it works for both parties), but if pushed, out of Podence, Neto, Jota & Traore if I had to pick one to sell, it would probably be Diogo.

I don't think you can have a PL squad, let alone starting line up, overstuffed with 'potential', or 18 year old Liverpool reserves. You have to have players like Doc and Jota who are actually performing to a high level right now.

Maybe we'll replace them both with better players. I'm not saying we won't, but time is running out and such a position will look wildly optimistic before too long

Apparently Jota wanted to go to Liverpool and Nuno wasn't going to stand in his way. Jota hasn't been as good or had as much influence on games last season as we know he can have. Whether he lost his mojo and needs a move or something else was going on we always knew this kind of thing was going to happen.

If we get Pepe, Corona and Hoever in and lose Jota and Doc I think we've done alright.

We move on and so does Jota - seeing him play for the bin dippers will be painful though, especially all the penalties he'll get now

I’m gutted. Podence and Neto and Adama with Fabio there to back Raul is still pretty strong but we simply MUST use this money in to address other squad shortcomings. I’m going to miss you Diogo. Good luck and I wish you well in the new adventure.

But overall... bugger.

Can anyone tell me the last time the english champions wanted to sign/did sign one of our players?

I'm excited by the likes of Hoever, Vitinha and Fabio for the future but it is asking a hell of a lot for them to come in and make a difference when they have less than 20 first team starts between them.

We've already got Buur, Vinagre and Kilman as depth who are of a similar ilk so I'm expecting to see a concerted push for first team quality additions now.

Alex Gonclaves: "Made a very good profit on him certainly, although for a 23-year old Portugal international who has already garnered such a wealth of experience despite his young age and has proved that he is already a very talented footballer... I think it's on the low side."

He's got a point?

Isn't it possible he wanted to leave for European football?

Isn't it possible he wanted to leave for European football?

I don't think anybody is questioning why he'd go? The question is why, for a goalscoring Portuguese international with massive potential and 3 years of acclimatisation and experience in English football, we've turned around and gone 'yeah sound la' for thirty five fucking million

I don't think anybody is questioning why he'd go? The question is why, for a goalscoring Portuguese international with massive potential and 3 years of acclimatisation and experience in English football, we've turned around and gone 'yeah sound la' for thirty five fucking million

It’s a fair price.

30m for Jimenez last year
18m for Adama
15 m for Neves 3 years ago
10m for Boly

I can’t argue with 35m for Diogo

You know the answer for a lot of people will be 'Mendes'

Again uncle Jorge will have a couple to. Come in no doubt. I think as wolves fans there is a bit of wake up and smell the coffee here. Our owners are here to make money and will speculate to accumulate .Jota does just that. He won’t be the last until we start winning things and qualify for Europe regularly to give us that bargain chip. Reality

Been expecting this kind of sale since the end of Nuno' 1st season in charge. Surprised it took so long tbh but thought Rubes would be the first one to go. The fee is going to be on the low side but it seems Jorge is part of this so looking like again we have to settle for below what we would think. The negative aspect of that link up.

I'm torn on who has approved this - Nuno was not a happy chap last night and it feels like this is a player forced move but his mood might just have been because we were uber shite and this is another one of his brutal moves. The way this season is having to be done is not ideal as this should be a preseason move rather than ahead of our 2nd game but fuck all we can do about that. Here's to Jorge throwing us 2 postives to cancel that 1 negative in the next few weeks.

The fee is fine. We massively over hype our players value.

If there’s loads another £5-£10m in league/CL/International add ons plus a potential sell on fee then we will do OK.

Back