• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

And there were people mocking those being suspicious about his absence last night...

Is there any way you could post without having fucking digs and making out you knew better? It’s really starting to fucking grate.

No, Ruben Neves started both the European games which were at the time our biggest games for years.

You don’t help your argument about picking bits of a conversation and ignoring others to make your case do you? It was said that he was a guaranteed starter, but he didn’t start our most important games (or our first game back), so he’s clearly not a guaranteed starter.

You're just picking those games because it suits your argument, it was hardly a normal situation, just after an unprecedented break in the sporting calendar; you don't know the reasons behind some of the selection choices any manager made during that period; fitness, mental state

If he's lost his place to Neto then why aren't the Champions bidding for him?

I’m expecting to see some huge investment in the squad over the next week. Hoever is a good start (and a very Fosun signing) but I want top quality players that can make an impact on the starting 11 before the end of the window and no excuses.

Or what?

We're giving the impression that all a bigger club has to do is ask nicely tbh. In a world where Burnley are rejecting £30+ for Tarkowski, there's fucking no way we should be getting £50m for Doherty and Jota.

I wonder if we'll sign Pêpe from Grêmio now. He looks like a bit of a Jota clone.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

At least this Jota story is heating TWF up a bit, it's been quite tepid since the Fabio and Vitinha signings :icon_lol:

We're giving the impression that all a bigger club has to do is ask nicely tbh. In a world where Burnley are rejecting £30+ for Tarkowski, there's fucking no way we should be getting £50m for Doherty and Jota.

Yep, and time is not on our side in terms of replacing those vital first teamers...sorry, overrated squad fodder donkeys ;)

Can't say that I am all that thrilled about signing Hoever. Liverpool are short on depth at CH after selling Lovren, evidently they don't feel like he is up to scratch to offer cover currently, there had already been talk of him going out on loan.

As for Jota it's a shame to see him go. Definitely a streaky player but is our only reliable goalscorer from the wide-options currently and offered us more flexibility as he worked well in a two up top. Have some great memories and will certainly miss him.

I wonder if we'll sign Pêpe from Grêmio now. He looks like a bit of a Jota clone.

That's a fair point. You would think a RWB would be more important at this time though.

It’s not just about goals scored- Jota didn’t contribute nearly enough across the board last season.

For context, Podence and Neto have as many Premier League assists in 20/21 as Jota had in 19/20. That’s not good enough for the role that Nuno was asking him to play, and for his talents.

You're just picking those games because it suits your argument, it was hardly a normal situation, just after an unprecedented break in the sporting calendar; you don't know the reasons behind some of the selection choices any manager made during that period; fitness, mental state

If he's lost his place to Neto then why aren't the Champions bidding for him?

If he doesn’t start our biggest games then he’s not a guaranteed starter.

And Jota is an experienced player, Neto isn’t. Liverpool want the more finished article.

Personally, I think Neto will end up the better player, and I like Diogo a lot.

With my head ruling my heart, where I will miss Jota, who was at worse was absent without leave on occasions or a fantastically brilliant nightmare for opposing defenders, I’m looking at this with a helicopter view.
The potential sale if the deal goes through of two of our first team squad to top six clubs is representing a clear shift change in the way we do business. Rather than getting the odd £2 or 3 million for the odd player and many buggering off for nothing after a few years, we’re buying players to develop and sell on for a significant profit.
Perhaps this is part of the plan and we will have to get used to it, we are now a selling club.
Now this policy is fine and dandy as long as we keep finding these gems and they bring continual success.
Looking at the last 3 years which is a reasonable time frame, we can only say that the plan is working and we have to trust Nuno and the Wolves management team.
If it happens then thanks for the memories Diogo, it’s been a blast, and best of luck, we’ll find another Diogo no doubt!
With two weeks of the window still available I can only see two quality signings, although I would like to see established players rather than potential for at least one of these.
Now is not the time to panic and lose our heads, this is Fosun we have as owners, not the Bhati Bros
UTW

It’s not just about goals scored- Jota didn’t contribute nearly enough across the board last season.

For context, Podence and Neto have as many Premier League assists in 20/21 as Jota had in 19/20. That’s not good enough for the role that Nuno was asking him to play, and for his talents.

16 goals not good enough in the PL/ EL?

Get out of here.

Is there any way you could post without having fucking digs and making out you knew better? It’s really starting to fucking grate.

I know you’ve been having a tough time recently, so I’ll let this slide. Go have a look at your response to my “packet of crisps tweet”, or your signature, or the multiple other comments aimed in my direction after we signed Silva.

Don’t give it out if you can’t take a bit back - it works both ways. Hope you’re alright x

I said Neto will improve his goal outlet. You then appear to say that’s not going to be the case. I think it will with a year under his belt more game time etc. Time will tell.

Nowhere have I said Neto won't score those goals. What I have said is I havent seen from him 'yet' that he will, based on what I've watched and his record.

I hope Neto will up his goal contributions, but haven't seen from him yet that he will score the amount Jota has

That's a fair point. You would think a RWB would be more important at this time though.
Aye, RWB is essential, even if we have signed Hoever to play there.

I do think that Jota's role in the squad will need to be back filled though.

I know you’ve been having a tough time recently, so I’ll let this slide. Go have a look at your response to my “packet of crisps tweet”, or your signature, or the multiple other comments aimed in my direction after we signed Silva.

Don’t give it out if you can’t take a bit back - it works both ways. Hope you’re alright x

I got banned after somebody complained about this very sort of post, I really don't think the mods should be doing it.

Reality is that we are where we are - at this stage of the club's development we are not going to stop players going to the very top sides, whether in England or elsewhere in Europe. As long as we get a good price & reinvest in the first team then we may be improved overall which is what we need to keep doing to make that next step.

How much game time Jota will get if he goes there is open to question, but that would be his problem. We have other players in that area who can perform well (all are different and each has there strenghs & foibles) so if we sell that is less damaging than other areas of the team.

Would I be sorry to see him go - yes as he has given us some great nights, but we will have to keep evolving if we are to get to the top.

Aye, RWB is essential, even if we have signed Hoever to play there.

I do think that Jota's role in the squad will need to be back filled though.

I was thinking it would be Shabani given Nuno's comments but you may be right. I'm still hoping for a Telles and Corona double

Back