• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Not 100% happy with this. If Sarr's valuation was 'astronomical' and put Liverpool off, why wasn't Jota's? I know he's streaky but I think some people are taking his goalscoring for granted; neither Neto or Podence have proven themselves in this regard yet.

A new, strong RWB is even more important now, we need to free Adama up to play up front or it's Raul, Pod and Neto every game unless we go two up front (can either of them cut it in a 2?)

We won't see the full picture till the window ends, but lots of risky variables at play. I hope we come out of it better off, and hope this and the Doc sale aren't signs our starters are ripe for being picked off by the big boys

I don't care about Doc going as he's shit. But I do care about Jota going.

His ceiling is way higher than his current level and yet he's already scored 44 goals for us.

He had a couple of purple patches and long periods, particularly after the restart where he was dreadful. Truly abject. I rate Podence and Neto as better than him. By a long way.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Hoever might be the RWB. There had better be some serious incomings because this sale could seriously piss off the fan base.

I don't want the team suddenly awash with unproven 'well they could be amazing!' 'Remember Fergie's fledglings!' kids. We're in the Premier League, we need players who can cut it now too

Sounds like Jota might have been pushing for the chance to play Champions League football.

This was always the risk of failing to make Europe, I suppose.

I love Jota but he wasn't a guaranteed starter and I feel like he'd already peaked for us. I hope he does well there and wins a medal but we have a lot of options out wide and I think Silva will play if we go 2 up top.

RWB remains the priority and I'm not convinced that Hoever is the answer but I've doubted Nuno before and been wrong.

On sky - they’re not hanging about

BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool are closing on a £35m deal for Wolves forward Diogo Jota that could be agreed as early as Saturday.

Ugh, definitely do not want to lose Jota. Especially to Liverpool. Gross.

If it is true, I'm surprised we're even accepting offers for him. I'd assumed he'd be up there with Raul or Neves in the "No, ta" response to any bids.

This is gonna look to our fanbase (and the PL in general) like our starters are now fodder for the top 6. Need to do a lot in the next couple of weeks

Add me to gutted hes leaving camp. Yes he blew hot and cold at times last season, but he still ended the season with 16 goals. I dont see Neto, Podence or Traore chipping on with that amount, so ramps up the pressure on Raul to score. Secondly he had a wonderful partnership with Raul, especially in that first season. As great as Silva may turn out to be, if we are going 2 up top, I would want Jota with Raul over anyone in the squad currently

Neto’s good with both feet (both crossing and shooting), I’m hopefully he will really up his goal tally this year which wasn’t even bad from limited minutes. Podence is good with both feet in a creative sense but think his shooting needs work so I wouldn’t be expecting loads of goals there, but plenty of contributions in assists/key passes.

Fuck off are we replacing Jota with Demari Bastard Gray :icon_lol:

If it is true, I'm surprised we're even accepting offers for him. I'd assumed he'd be up there with Raul or Neves in the "No, ta" response to any bids.

Probably was but if a bid has come in, the player will know either from his agent or the club and if the player then says "actually I want to go and play for the League Champions" you are kind of stuck and just have to ensure you get the best deal.

Neto’s good with both feet (both crossing and shooting), I’m hopefully he will really up his goal tally this year which wasn’t even bad from limited minutes. Podence is good with both feet in a creative sense but think his shooting needs work so I wouldn’t be expecting loads of goals there, but plenty of contributions in assists/key passes.

I like Neto, but look at his misses against Bournemouth and Espanyol. He 100% needs to work on his finishing

Oh man, he's really going isn't he?

I don't get this narrative where he's inconsistent and has spells where he's not good enough. He's ace, with bags more potential and I love him.

Back