• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Hoever is the RCB. I would think we're after a RWB and LWB now.

Unless of course we've bid late for Bale...

Can’t see him doing much more than being a sub for them with the odd start. Better option for them than Origi and Shaqiri though so he’ll be first backup. He’s better up front in a two than wide in a 3 so I’m not sure they’ll get the best out of him.

So this would put as at breaking even essentially (including Hoever, and I’m not counting Vitinha as he’s on loan).

We must be expecting to spend a bit in the coming weeks

So this would put as at breaking even essentially (including Hoever, and I’m not counting Vitinha as he’s on loan).

If we signed Corona now (or another quality rwb) then this would be a good window overall - depending on how the new guys do obviously. Maybe we’ll do a madness and get an amazing Jota replacement but I can’t see it.

Bit of a bolt out of the blue for the club or the player I wonder, what with him turning up last night and then leaving? He's featured in the kit reveal video relatively prominently this morning too, so would suggest it's come as a bit of a surprise.

Factor in the Costa and Cav fees and we've brought in around £90m this summer.

Off the top of my head

Can't remember the timings on Costa and Cav but let's assume just the promotion bonuses which were reported at about £10m each, so £20m in
Doc would've been pure profit, £15m
Signed Jota at the start of 2018/19 on a 4 year deal, let's say 18m so he will have a NBV of 9m at this point - if the fee's 35m then that's a 24m profit to the accounts

Vitinha was a loan but let's assume there's a loan fee, say 2m
Silva 35m over a 5 year deal so that's 7m/year amortised
Marcal 2m over a 2 year deal so 1m/year amortised (I know I know most of these will be in Euros...just go with it)

(2)
(7)
(1)
----

By my reckoning.

No idea what the current amortised expense for the rest of the squad will be but it's probably hefty.

"If you ignore all his goals, he was pretty rubbish" :icon_lol:

I know that's not what you're saying, but I like easy jokes.

He wasn't poor last season, not at all.

He had a couple of purple patches and long periods, particularly after the restart where he was dreadful. Truly abject. I rate Podence and Neto as better than him. By a long way.

Can't take any emotion out of this as I fucking love Jota so I'll keep my thoughts to myself. Knew something was happening this morning but didn't expect this.

He had a couple of purple patches and long periods, particularly after the restart where he was dreadful. Truly abject. I rate Podence and Neto as better than him. By a long way.

He was not abject or dreadful in any games, please don't be silly.

Good Jota is possibly our best winger, but he can also be horribly bad - mixed feelings on this.

Would rather it was Traore going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take with salt, but we've allegedly inquired about Demarai Gray.

Jota isn't a nailed on starter a la Raul, Boly, Coady but I love the guy and if he goes, I think it's the saddest I'll have felt about a player leaving since Lescott but looking at the bigger picture, I guess theres nowt we can do about it.

Liverpool aren't easy to turn down if they come calling, we will make a hefty profit on him yet we're pretty well stocked in attack so I don't think we'll need to replace him as urgently as we do with Doc. Also, if it helps with a deal to bring in Hoever, that's no bad thing.

Diogo is going to be a regular in Portugal's XI and a CL veteran for a long time because he's quality and still young.

Hoever might be the RWB. There had better be some serious incomings because this sale could seriously piss off the fan base.

I would rather neither were going. Can't see a replacement coming in so we've replaced Jota with Podence effectively (and yes I do rate Podence very highly, he's class). I'd rather Jota be rotating for us instead of those bin dipping cunts.

Essentially we are swapping Diogo Jota for Fabio Silva

Can’t see him doing much more than being a sub for them with the odd start. Better option for them than Origi and Shaqiri though so he’ll be first backup. He’s better up front in a two than wide in a 3 so I’m not sure they’ll get the best out of him.

Mane and Salah dont really play “wide” for Liverpool. Very central combing in and around the box with the FBs outside

He was not abject or dreadful in any games, please don't be silly.

In my opinion he was probably the poorest player out of the entire squad for large parts of last season. That's my opinion. It isn't silly, the same way your opinion isn't silly to you. Don't be condescending please. As I said, apart from a couple of purple patches of good form, there were large periods where he contributed very little in terms of goals or assists. He wasn't good.

Back