• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

A year or two ago, I'd have been aghast at the idea of Jota leaving.

He had a really poor season last season, though, and if we had to sell one of our forwards options it really would have to be him.

I'd love for him to stay and fight, and rediscover his form, but you can't have as unproductive a season as he did and not have questions asked.

I doubt it’d be our choice to sell him, if Liverpool have come calling he’s not going to say no so there’s not a lot we can do.

So on the assumption that Jota goes, what would we accept? £40m would strike me as right. I'd feel screwed if it was less than £35m

I doubt it’d be our choice to sell him, if Liverpool have come calling he’s not going to say no so there’s not a lot we can do.

Given that he's not the undisputed first choice here now, it would be hard to begrudge him the move to do a similar (albeit he's going to face a much tougher job easing out one of their front three than ours) job for them in all honesty. He could probably double his wage and has a shot at all the trophies.

Be gutted to sell Jota, I really would. Tbf he has been pretty poor all of last season, a couple of hattricks have given his figures a false positivity if that makes sense, but he's still got bags of potential and ability. Got to be looking at over £40m, surely? Young, international, settled in the country, grafter and very fit.

"If you ignore all his goals, he was pretty rubbish" :icon_lol:

I know that's not what you're saying, but I like easy jokes.

He wasn't poor last season, not at all.

If it’s close to £40m then that’s about a net profit of about £57m so far this window.

That seems reasonable to me. Pays for most of a new pair of wingbacks.

"If you ignore all his goals, he was pretty rubbish" :icon_lol:

I know that's not what you're saying, but I like easy jokes.

He wasn't poor last season, not at all.

:icon_lol: I was trying to word it differently, but that's the gist. He's basically turned into a hard working Freddy Eastwood, constantly making the wrong decisions, running into blind alleys and some shoddy finishing have all featured heavily last season. I'd still rather keep him, because we all know what he can do. But as much as there's a good reason he's on Liverpool's radar, there's also a good reason he's gone from being the first name on the team sheet, to being last off the bench

He’s not even a guaranteed starter. £35m and add ons with Semedo and Hoever coming in. Yes please.

As Joey E&S is the only 1 of the 3 Amigos (joined by Tim 1 & Tim 11) to say anything, I am going with him doing 2&2=5 and hoping he lands on a scoop. He usually waits until Tim II has confirmed something
Liverpool journos seem to think it's a goer.
1b3590c4f79a76a63ed33ff520916da9.jpg
36e9697df6598c91fd84acf093b5fcd2.jpg

I'd be pleased with Hoever but I'll be properly gutted if we sell Diogo. Hopefully we give him a hefty price tag and Liverpool look elsewhere.

I'd rather sell Traore.

This is where I'm at too. I think Jota is brilliant and could go on to be a real force for us.

Sad he's going.

I don't want him going to the sock robbing bastards above all. I fucking hate Liverpool Football Cloob.

Joyce and Reddy don't peddle shite so it's happening

Gutted, but I think that fee is fair all things considered. You'd have been some crackpot to predict we'd sell Doc and Diogo this summer.

If it is in excess of £35m it’s probably a fair deal. Hoever will be a welcome addition and is going to have a high ceiling, but I would hope we use the funds to get Corona and possibly a CB in.

I understand the business sense of the fee but I am rather sad. Diogo has been ace for us and I really like watching him in our shirt.

Jota + 10m in exchange for Hoever and 35m, in another way

On the face of it, and trying to take any emotion out, pretty decent business. Can't remember what we paid for him, about 18m? So that would be a significant profit for FFP, less the (amortised) expense for Hoever.

*Should* allow for more incomings - but without meaning to recycle the argument from earlier this thread all over again, might have to judge it by what business comes after.

Back