• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I'll be gutted if we lose Diogo, this is the phase of the Fosun project I've been looking forward to the least :mecry:

At least it's not Ruben.

The Jota thing wouldn't surprise me, seems he's fallen behind in the order here a little bit, he's been way too streaky since we came up. When Nuno made his comments after Sevilla about some players being with us since the start of the project I think it was always the plan to move some of them on.

True, but wouldn't have expected him to be one, necessarily. Certainly not the 2nd one out!

He's always looked more comfortable in a 2 with Raul rather than the 3, moving to 3-5-2 in the first season back up coincided with his great run of form. Inconsistent, yes, but on his day a scary prospect.

I would hope if it is true there'd be another coming in - Pepe, Chouiar, or whomever. Joao Felix? :clap: Would still be disappointing though, some wonderful memories from his time here. Going to have to get used to this if we want to keep pushing forwards though.

The only thing I'll say is it might, *might* be a smokescreen to try and get Watford to drop their price for Sarr, as Liverpool were/are definitely interested in him. We might've left him out as a favour as part of the Hoever deal. But, I think that's probably a long shot.

I wonder if this is the first player saying they want to go after being told a bid was in but will be rejected, hence Nuno being a narky fuck when asked about him last night (unless that was simply down to not getting an invite to the baby gender reveal gig)

FFS you didn't buy the Doc stuff....entering Paddy level of predictions if he goes

Difference being I didn't care if Doc went, the shithouse.

I would care if Diogo went.

I would be absolutely gutted if Jota went.

@DW - my dutch colleagues are forever telling me to be more Dutch, I mean I'm not exactly shy about sharing my opinions, but compared to them I am.

I'm going to speculate now but I wonder if we'd like to sell Diogo (like, not need) to then fund a Telles/Corona.

We have good coverage in the wide positions and if the interest is there in Diogo then maybe that's why he's (potentially) going?

I don’t think we will want to sell, but it depends entirely on where he figures in Nuno’s plans. Seeing as other players have called him the coaches son etc, nuno clearly loves him so it would really surprise me

Could just be Nuno thinking he can upgrade him, ala Costa/Cav/Douglas etc

He’s done really well for us, but he’s not an automatic first eleven player at the moment, so at risk of upgrading.

I'm going to speculate now but I wonder if we'd like to sell Diogo (like, not need) to then fund a Telles/Corona.

We have good coverage in the wide positions and if the interest is there in Diogo then maybe that's why he's (potentially) going?

I think that Corona and/or Telles would be here by now if we were their first choice. They might still arrive but I think that they are waiting for other options to be explored first.

I don't want Jota to go.

Man, I love Diogo. I'd be gutted if he left but when someone of that ilk come calling with the level they're currently as, it is going to be very difficult for the player to say no.

I still feel that when he's at his best he's probably our most potent weapon.

PSG are also going after Telles as Bernat is done for six months.

We’ve got our forward options to a point where there’s a fantastic strength in depth. We shouldn’t be selling him. The fact Liverpool are interested, tells you about his quality.

I would be absolutely gutted if Jota went.

@DW - my dutch colleagues are forever telling me to be more Dutch, I mean I'm not exactly shy about sharing my opinions, but compared to them I am.

I quite like it! But it is startling when you hear it for the first time!

I'd be pleased with Hoever but I'll be properly gutted if we sell Diogo. Hopefully we give him a hefty price tag and Liverpool look elsewhere.

I'd rather sell Traore.

As Joey E&S is the only 1 of the 3 Amigos (joined by Tim 1 & Tim 11) to say anything, I am going with him doing 2&2=5 and hoping he lands on a scoop. He usually waits until Tim II has confirmed something

As Joey E&S is the only 1 of the 3 Amigos (joined by Tim 1 & Tim 11) to say anything, I am going with him doing 2&2=5 and hoping he lands on a scoop. He usually waits until Tim II has confirmed something

It's been mentioned by the Liverpool guy for The Athletic too (who is usually quite good, used to be at the Echo)

Back