• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I think he came onto replace Lovren, was only 16 at that point

Guessing a Kilman/Buur upgrade rather than a Doherty one squad wise. I'd be surprised if that's the RWB

Hoever to come in and be backup/cover to rwb and rcb is ideal if we go and get Corona...

Can see him right of back 3 but able to cover RWB. Quite excited by this one

Interesting! We really are looking to push for some of the supposedly best young talent going.

Bit surprised they're letting him go, he's very highly rated. Unless he's seriously making noises about wanting first team football (and the Dutch can be a bit er, forthright as I'm sure Tredders will confirm)

Can see him right of back 3 but able to cover RWB. Quite excited by this one

That's the way I think this will pan out if true. I would expect to see Corona or Esteves in at RWB soon.

Could be very exciting times over the next few days.

More of a Bennett upgrade than a Doherty one? and then covers 2 positions for us.

Some interesting quotes on RAWK from a few months back

In all honesty, I think he is too skillful to be best used as a centre half. I'd like to see if he can develop as a leftback or a number 6, because he has all the tools to do that. Bags of pace, good reading of the game and composure beyond his years. He's too young to be shoehorned into one position. He could turn into anything and I absolutely cannot see him leaving unless his development goes downhill like Arsenal's APLT graph. He is far far too good to be let go without exploring all the opportunities.

Now evidently fans know very little when it comes to how a player is actually developing vs the coaching staff who do this for a living and see the players day in and day out. It would suggest he might potentially have some extra versatility though.

Then again

During his interview

''I see myself as a right back at the moment. I'm a right back that can play center back. I'm not physically ready to player center back for a whole season. Maybe when I'm 25 I might be ready, but as I right back I like the attacking aspect. I have a vision in my game like Trent, where I can put people away. I think I can be somebody who sets up and assists other players.''

Hope this is true - he looks like he has bags of potential and composed beyond his years. I too remember the cup game at Molineux when he came on and looked really promising.

Jota rumour seems to be picking up steam, mind. Bit of a weird one, but I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Can we offer them Bennett instead?

Jota rumour seems to be picking up steam, mind. Bit of a weird one, but I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Can we offer them Bennett instead?

A Rodders/Benno/Leo triple. All title winners.

The Jota thing wouldn't surprise me, seems he's fallen behind in the order here a little bit, he's been way too streaky since we came up. When Nuno made his comments after Sevilla about some players being with us since the start of the project I think it was always the plan to move some of them on.

Liverpool interested in him. I’m not entertaining the thought of him going, it’s just going to upset me

Liverpool interested in him. I’m not entertaining the thought of him going, it’s just going to upset me

Me too. I absolutely love Diogo - I still believe he's going to be a fantastic player and play at the highest level.

Back