• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

The difference between the last couple of seasons (where on one side Jonny was as steady as they come, and Doc on the other was often a handful going forward), and the start of this season is marked. How often were our wing-backs remarked upon by opposition managers, commentators, other fans?

I guarantee opposition managers would be targetting Vinagre anyway until he finds his feet, they now have the possibility of a cobbled-together right side to 'deal' with too. Hope I'm over-estimating the impact of this double loss on our play

Wasn't it Vinagre and Adama for City away last season? I think anyway! Feels like about 20 years ago...

Yes both were fantastic. I actually think Vinagre is fine defensively unless he comes across someone who gets close and overpowers him. He needs to work massively on his output going forward imo where it always looks promising but doesn’t lead to anything. Just look at the Sevilla game, thought he did well against both Suso and Navas.

Wasn't it Vinagre and Adama for City away last season? I think anyway! Feels like about 20 years ago...

It was, and they were both excellent. Was very impressed by their positioning. Helped Traore a lot that Cancelo had a poor first-half though, I thought he looked very uncomfortable at left-back that day - had to be switched to the right after half-time.

3-5-2 helps Jota too and, assuming Adama can defend slightly, helps him get on the ball earlier and with more space to run towards.

I voted Telles, but only because he's the best of the lot.

Corona would have got one more vote but I'm not allowed to enter my own poll.

If we just signed him and that was it then I'd be more than satisfied with our business.

Corona would have got one more vote but I'm not allowed to enter my own poll.

If we just signed him and that was it then I'd be more than satisfied with our business.

Yeah but only if we signed him BEFORE Monday, right?

There are plenty of non Porto RBs out there we could buy which is why I voted for Telles.

Think I voted corona. Sign him, Ghoulam and keep Vinagre please :)

I would have voted Telles also, as we can move Jonny out to the right when he's back and have Traore there in the meantime

I would have voted Telles also, as we can move Jonny out to the right when he's back and have Traore there in the meantime

We can't play Traore at RWB for at least 4 months though can we. Out of those options Corona is clearly the best choice, quality player in our biggest position of need

Has there been any word on Jonny's expected recovery time frame? I'd be surprised if we seem him back until winter is about done and dusted.

It’s usually 6 to 9 months depending on severity so I think we will see very little of him this season, if anything at all.

Back