• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

When pushing for a result over the last 12 months or so, we have more often than not thrown Traore into a RW ultra attacking position, the longer we don't have a RWB the longer we go where we aren't able to do that. So whilst i understand people saying AT at RWB is "ok", "it'll do" it cuts off our attacking potential a fair bit by having AT at RWB rather than RW.

When pushing for a result over the last 12 months or so, we have more often than not thrown Traore into a RW ultra attacking position, the longer we don't have a RWB the longer we go where we aren't able to do that. So whilst i understand people saying AT at RWB is "ok", "it'll do" it cuts off our attacking potential a fair bit by having AT at RWB rather than RW.

Yes, agree with this completely..thats the problem

A Bola has us as having made a £20m bid for Corona that's been rejected. They won't accept less than £25m.

Not if we play 3-5-2 though, Adama's best position in that formation is definitely RWB rather than ST.

I think we'll play that in both the first two games and we would have done regardless of whether Doc or AN Other new RWB were here.

If Corona signs then no one will want to get too near him so he should have a field day :nod:

For City i think we'd go 352, but for Sheff U i think 343 is/was likely. We played it against them a couple of months ago at Brammell Lane

Corona would have got one more vote but I'm not allowed to enter my own poll.

If we just signed him and that was it then I'd be more than satisfied with our business.
I voted Telles to play him at RWB [emoji6]

For City i think we'd go 352, but for Sheff U i think 343 is/was likely. We played it against them a couple of months ago at Brammell Lane

Aye, and we got over-run and couldn't deal with their overloads.

So not only has selling Doc potentially shown the way to the wing-back Rooney's right under our nose, it's also showing us our best formation. Is there any end to this amazing transfer?

So not only has selling Doc potentially shown the way to the wing-back Rooney's right under our nose, it's also showing us our best formation. Is there any end to this amazing transfer?
I'm not sure you do yourself any credit with this straw man that you've put up to knock down.

No one is saying "Doc sale + no replacement/upgrade = amazing".

I'm not sure you do yourself any credit with this straw man that you've put up to knock down.

No one is saying "Doc sale + no replacement/upgrade = amazing".

Come off it mate, don't invoke 'straw men' when we have Langars and Lycan on the previous page alluding to people saying the 'season is over' if we don't sign a rwb by Monday. Which literally no-one has said.

I am probably wrong but didn't we play Adams at rwb against city and he kept sterling really quiet?

Come off it mate, don't invoke 'straw men' when we have Langars and Lycan on the previous page alluding to people saying the 'season is over' if we don't sign a rwb by Monday. Which literally no-one has said.

This is what happens, though. They’re clever for putting hilarious posts like that up and anyone who debates otherwise is a flouncing arsehat. It’s TWF way :icon_lol:

This is what happens, though. They’re clever for putting hilarious posts like that up and anyone who debates otherwise is an arsehat. It’s TWF way :icon_lol:

I just find it amusing that, rather than admit it's a risk and could have downsides, even temporary, people are falling over themselves to make out it's a good thing...it prompts us to play a formation better suited to Sheff Utd...Adama and Vinagre did well at City last year...we could have the answer amongst our own RBs...we can just get by till Jonny gets back NEXT YEAR...Doc couldn't defend anyway (like that was the main function of his role)

Why must we be so manichean about things? With an almost non-existent pre-season (in exceptional circumstances), and with the season starting weeks before the window ends, there was always going to be scope for going into our first match without all of the signings we want.

Now: selling Doherty was a risk. I think we all agree on that due to the worst case scenario (namely, we don't buy a replacement (let alone an upgrade) before the window ends).

However, I genuinely don't think Nuno would have sanctioned that sale without assurances that best endeavours would be made to get the upgrade he wants.

We can make it work until the replacement arrives and it's got to be right that Adama as RWB is better in a 3-5-2 than in a 3-4-3.

Equally I don’t people have said that. It’s a calculated short term risk, hopefully for a maximum of two games. If that wait gets Corona in for the rest of the season then it may be worth it on balance. If it is a season long decision to run without a replacement I would find that bemusing at the absolute best.

Back