• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Timmy 1 has spoken

"Tim Nash
@TimNash_1

I'm told that Marcal will play LWB for Wolves if Ruben Vinagre leaves, unless Nuno decides differently when he's seen him in training. And I haven't heard anything about Alex Telles joining, apart from the huge amount of speculation on here. Marcal of course can also play LCB."

Portohampton Wanderers

FcportoNJ
@FcportoNj

"“Unnamed” club which made offer for Corona could very well be Wolves. Here are the facts:

- Wolves have already shown interest in the past
- Wolves need a RB and Corona played half of his games this season as a RWB
- Nuno coached Corona at Porto
- Jiminez-Corona friendship"

Now that is just a fan talking but fuck it, lets go all in and buy everyone from Porto

Just saw that on FB, obviously that's the worst source in the World but the bloke posting it hasn't revealed his source, but you never know....

Of course the chap obscured by the Porto badge could be a surprise Jorge bonus that is under orders to be kept under wraps...

Scuttlebutt seems to be Corona might be going to Sevilla.

Presumably they would be signing him to play LB, as they already have Navas. If they can't afford Reguilon not sure how they could afford Corona though...

Just saw on twitter from one source that Vinagre is going nowhere and another saying he’s going on a season long loan to Porto. Also Nash saying we aren’t looking for a right back yet as we ‘assess the options’ of Buur, Sanderson and Traore. Lol.

Is that Esteves thing just bullshit then?

Just saw on twitter from one source that Vinagre is going nowhere and another saying he’s going on a season long loan to Porto. Also Nash saying we aren’t looking for a right back yet as we ‘assess the options’ of Buur, Sanderson and Traore. Lol.

Is that Esteves thing just bullshit then?

Maybe it's with reference to Mondays game? No new wingback is likely to pick up our style (at least to Nunos satisfaction) in a couple of days.

Spiers tweeted a few days ago that we were bringing a young midfielder in on loan (Vitinha) and RWB will be the priority for the rest of the window. Nash's tweet kind of backs that up.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Yeah that makes sense I guess. Tbh as long as Vitinha signs and we get a new RWB then it’s been a pretty good window all in all. A Telles shaped cherry on top would be nice though [emoji1]

Yeah that makes sense I guess. Tbh as long as Vitinha signs and we get a new RWB then it’s been a pretty good window all in all. A Telles shaped cherry on top would be nice though [emoji1]
Best case window post Sevilla
Upgrade on Doc - So far fail and in losing him double fail
Cover for Jonny/Vinagre - ?
Upgrade on Saiss - ? I'd convert the one ? to a tick.
ACM - tick tomorrow
Raul support - tick

I thought Nuno wanted 3 new genuine first team options, so make that 4 post Doc. Sign the RWB and on paper I'd say it's been a good window, with the personal caveat of not knowing the new players and ignoring the fees.

Esteves and the midfielder from Porto, and that is a fuck of a transfer window. Don't be greedy.

Thing is - I’d be happy with esteves on top of the other two - but we’ve not really improved the first eleven, just the bench.

I’m still hoping for a first team upgrade before we’re done.

The bench was the problem last season, not the first 11. That’s where we need to improve (notwithstanding us having to replace Doherty).

If we had the depth on the bench last season that we’ll have with our mooted signings, we’d almost certainly be getting ready for another European campaign at the moment, and it might not have been Europa League.

The bench was the problem last season, not the first 11. That’s where we need to improve (notwithstanding us having to replace Doherty)

Well the first 11 needs looking at too now. Moutinho has just turned 34, Jonny is probably crocked for at least four months, and we may well be replacing a productive RWB asset with a relative unknown quantity or just Adama, to go with the possible risk of Vinagre on the left (which I support) .

You have to admit, it's a bit more uncertain than the solid team you could pretty much pick week In, week out, with the odd formation change or wide forward shuffling, and frankly I fear for a little quality drop, depending on what business we do. I'm hoping for a couple more personally, and strong ones at that.

I'm more optimistic than I was a week ago, but there's a fair bit of overestimation of what we've done to date going round.

The starting XI is currently weaker than it was at the start of the Olympiakos game. I’m hoping that will be addressed in the next week or two.

One of our posters mentioned some signings and the quickly deleted his post.

Is that tthe 3 players he mentioned, or are we expecting more

Might be a little controversial, but I’m not inclined to put any stock in transfer rumours that Spiers isn’t co-signing at the moment. He’s been bang-on this week, and no other ITKs have hit the mark (if you believed MolMix’s pet insider, we’d have had Esteves, Leite and Pepe signed by last Monday).

Spiers doesn't break anything, but I agree he does rubber stamp. He does like to hedge his bets though, he's done it this week with both Telles and Vinagre. I don't trust any ITK's, GFFH has always been accurate on here, but the two players he mentioned at the weekend aren't here as of yet and neither is Lemar, I guess under the current regime it's difficult to get information as there aren't many cracks. Seems most things these days initiate with links from the selling club. That's been the case for all three signings so far

Back