• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

To answer my own question:

Harry Burgoyne Goalkeepers (17/18), Jonathan Flatt Goalkeepers (16/17), Aaron McCarey Goalkeepers (14/15 - 15/16), Carl Ikeme Goalkeepers (11/12 - 13/14), Wayne Hennessey Goalkeepers (10/11), Marcus Hahnemann Goalkeepers (09/10), Darren Ward Goalkeepers (08/09), Jemal Johnson (06/07), Paul Harrison Goalkeepers (05/06), Matt Murray Goalkeepers (00/01 - 04/05),

Last outfield number 13 was Darren Ward!

Jemal Johnson. That Darren Ward was a keeper

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wolv...ern/verein/543

Harry Burgoyne [Goalkeepers] (17/18), Jonathan Flatt [Goalkeepers] (16/17), Aaron McCarey [Goalkeepers] (14/15 - 15/16), Carl Ikeme [Goalkeepers] (11/12 - 13/14), Wayne Hennessey [Goalkeepers] (10/11), Marcus Hahnemann [Goalkeepers] (09/10), Darren Ward [Goalkeepers] (08/09), Jemal Johnson (06/07), Paul Harrison [Goalkeepers] (05/06), Matt Murray [Goalkeepers] (00/01 - 04/05),

A lot of google searches for Wolves historical squad numbers then...

Yeah just this second came back to type that!

Ah, JJ that goal against Sunderland was a beaut, never seen so many press in front of the dugouts before or since that night - for Mick and Keane's handshake.

Juventus have reportedly been offered Wolves winger Adama Traore by agent Jorge Mendes, but only for £70m.

- Calciomercato.

Personally, I don't see that happening at all.

Didn't think Juve were shopping for a RWB

Juventus have reportedly been offered Wolves winger Adama Traore by agent Jorge Mendes, but only for £70m.

- Calciomercato.

Important bit in bold.

Famalicao nab Jordao for the Season

And now the wheels are in motion. Going to be VERY interesting few days. I still can’t get my head around the possibility of Alex Telles. It would be a staggering coup.

- Calciomercato.

Mendes isn't his agent.

Mendes isn't his agent.

Doesn't need to be really. A few deals have been done where Mendes isn't the players agent, he just acts as the middle man and gets a % or if a club is selling a player they will ask Jorge to find a club willing to pay what they want. Its an odd and very well paid world he lives in

It doesn't say it's his agent tbf. We're bound to involve mendes in everything significant, in or out.

I don't know what to do about adama tbh. I want us to play 352 more, especially if Vitinha is the 'Foden-y' type player that the formation needs. Any two from jota, Raul and silva would be proper tasty, and we've still then got Neto and podence if we need to switch to a 343.

Yes, Mendes will have been paid 3 times for the Doherty deal

Doesn't need to be really. A few deals have been done where Mendes isn't the players agent, he just acts as the middle man and gets a % or if a club is selling a player they will ask Jorge to find a club willing to pay what they want. Its an odd and very well paid world he lives in

Damn you Kenny. I was telling myself this to comfort myself it wouldn't happen!

Some games you need Adama, some you don't. He isn't a world beater.

You never need him to play as a striker, ever.

Mendes isn't his agent.

Yeah, like Kenny has said, he doesn’t need to be. I heard on the Molineux View podcast this morning that he was a large reason we were made aware that Silva had come available, even though he’s not his agent either.

I imagine he advises us on more or less all of our transfer business these days whether he’s the agent or not.

- Calciomercato.

If that's true then we definitely have a RWB incoming

Yeah, like Kenny has said, he doesn’t need to be. I heard on the Molineux View podcast this morning that he was a large reason we were made aware that Silva had come available, even though he’s not his agent either.

I imagine he advises us on more or less all of our transfer business these days whether he’s the agent or not.
Although not his agent, he'd signed an exclusive deal to handle his first move as and when that were to happen

Calciomercato is really unreliable clickbait. Notoriously so. I mean there could be some substance I suppose, but I would be very surprised.

Back