• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Just to dangle more Telles hope...

https://twitter.com/corradone91/status/1303326765339860997

#AlexTelles is preparing to leave the #Porto . Unless sensational twists will land in #PremierLeague and al #Wolverhampton for about 30 million: Jorge's "friend" club #Mendes he had already bought the young man #FabioSilva by Dragões for 40 million

Anyone have examples of how good this bloke is? Why has he never moved to a big European club before now?

I also refuse to believe it until the club officially announces it. Why would someone of that ability not want to be playing CL football?!

The Portugal U21 match is being called off due to a COVID-19 outbreak, which means we should know more on Vitinha soon... and whether Vinagre is going to Porto.

Anyone have examples of how good this bloke is? Why has he never moved to a big European club before now?

Telles? He’s fucking ace mate. You’ll have to ask the big European clubs about the second part.

A big European club? What, like Galatasaray, Inter Milan or Porto?

Nah, I'm still not having it. He'll be at Molineux this season but wearing that horrific Man Utd zebra shirt instead of ours...

The link hasn't been picked up by any of the usual British press sources. In fact, even less than an hour ago there were articles still linking him to Man Utd being posted up online.

I guess, if we pull this off (and there's anything in it), that would *really* make people sit up and take notice. Obviously there would be an avalanche of comments online from fans of other clubs screaming "Mendes this", "Mendes that" - so nothing new - but I reckon the hysteria from other fans will be at an all time high if we sign Alex Telles :icon_lol:

The link hasn't been picked up by any of the usual British press sources. In fact, even less than an hour ago there were articles still linking him to Man Utd being posted up online.

I guess, if we pull this off (and there's anything in it), that would *really* make people sit up and take notice. Obviously there would be an avalanche of comments online from fans of other clubs screaming "Mendes this", "Mendes that" - so nothing new - but I reckon the hysteria from other fans will be at an all time high if we sign Alex Telles :icon_lol:

and it would be fucking hilarious!

Its still very much a wowzers for me

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Its wowzers from every angle then. (was not dissing the next Wolves Number 13 just laughing at what he faced a few times)

Who was our last no.13?

Generally a keepers number

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wolverhampton-wanderers/rueckennummern/verein/543

Harry Burgoyne [Goalkeepers] (17/18), Jonathan Flatt [Goalkeepers] (16/17), Aaron McCarey [Goalkeepers] (14/15 - 15/16), Carl Ikeme [Goalkeepers] (11/12 - 13/14), Wayne Hennessey [Goalkeepers] (10/11), Marcus Hahnemann [Goalkeepers] (09/10), Darren Ward [Goalkeepers] (08/09), Jemal Johnson (06/07), Paul Harrison [Goalkeepers] (05/06), Matt Murray [Goalkeepers] (00/01 - 04/05),

To answer my own question:

Harry Burgoyne Goalkeepers (17/18), Jonathan Flatt Goalkeepers (16/17), Aaron McCarey Goalkeepers (14/15 - 15/16), Carl Ikeme Goalkeepers (11/12 - 13/14), Wayne Hennessey Goalkeepers (10/11), Marcus Hahnemann Goalkeepers (09/10), Darren Ward Goalkeepers (08/09), Jemal Johnson (06/07), Paul Harrison Goalkeepers (05/06), Matt Murray Goalkeepers (00/01 - 04/05),

Last outfield number 13 was Darren Ward!

Back