• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Our #11 Rui Patrício has been brilliant for us on the left wing the last few years.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Our #11 Rui Patrício has been brilliant for us on the left wing the last few years.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I was wearing 11 in goal before Rui made it cool...

Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Arsenal-Carling-Cup-Semi-Final-2nd-Leg.jpg

Bendtner presumably raging at Gallas here as he's not a very good creative midfielder.

Some players end up having a preference for a number, like Pepe:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pepe/rueckennummern/spieler/14132

But sometimes their favourite number isn't available just like at Besiktas for Pepe.

But with Marcal he had the option of 5 or 3 as first team numbers, I think it may be of significance that he picked 5 as it either means he sees himself as more of a CB than LwB or that Wolves told him they wanted to keep 3 free for an incoming signing

Here is his history, he doesn't appear to have a particular preference.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/marcal/rueckennummern/spieler/137745

It may not be, but to be so patronising and arsey about an entirely reasonable point isn't very nice.

#bekind

I think it means absolutely bugger all, as examples at nearly every club in the world will show you.

This is a Jimmy Hill "Romania have all dyed their hair blonde so they can recognise each other better" moment :D

...and Timothy is the one person saying Marcal is primarily signing as a LWB

He seems to be basing it on this quote from Jeff

He is a player with the technical ability to be able to contribute in the build up play from the back, all the way through to threatening the opposition in the final phase.

"He possesses good pace and has a great work ethic, to work up and down the football pitch. Defensively he is very solid and will add to our group with his ability in the air as well.

Just because he can play LB/LWB doesn't mean he will though, as I think we all know

The examples you've used like Irwin or Gallas are daft though.

Wolves didn't have 2 or 3 free for Irwin, but he'd have wanted a first team number, so went for 8. The following season he went to 2 didn't he?

Marcal had the option of 5 and 3 and went with 5.

Telles is a big fan of 13 by the way, which is free I think.

I'm not dying on a hill over this but your desire to say it's of no significance in the slightest is OTT.

The examples you've used like Irwin or Gallas are daft though.

Wolves didn't have 2 or 3 free for Irwin, but he'd have wanted a first team number, so went for 8. The following season he went to 2 didn't he?

Marcal had the option of 5 and 3 and went with 5.

Telles is a big fan of 13 by the way, which is free I think.

I'm not dying on a hill over this but your desire to say it's of no significance in the slightest is OTT.

Maybe they told him Telles has binned 13 and wants the Number 3 shirt or Rubes Jnr has nabbed it...

When we signed him I thought he was signed to play LCB and cover LWB, so I've been surprised by the idea Vinagre might go because of Marcal playing ahead of him. But I also agree the numbers means very little :D

Telles will choose us because we're the only team with #3 available.

:rolleyes:

Back