• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Not seen a reliable source mention Telles yet so until then I’ll assume it’s BS

I’m in the “it’s not happening camp”.

As far as I can see, its Twitter provenance is shaky. Seems to me most people are jumping on a pretty unreliable initial rumour. A few well known journalists
are saying “Great signing, IF true” but no one has added actual corroboration.

"IF" we sign Telles, I wonder if that does then see a shift of Jonny over to RWB? We would then have Telles & Marcal for LWB and then Traore/Jonny for RWB with Matheson/Burr in reserve...can we go into the season with that?

Do we then sign a RWB if we sign Telles?

(Big if etc. just speculation caveat)

We absolutely need an RWB regardless, Jonny is out for at least half the season we can't just have Traore and Buur

Ok, ok. If we sign Alex Telles I take everything back that I said about Jeff.

:icon_lol:

Well how about that? It seems that patience flavoured crisps were the order of the day after all....

"IF" we sign Telles, I wonder if that does then see a shift of Jonny over to RWB? We would then have Telles & Marcal for LWB and then Traore/Jonny for RWB with Matheson/Burr in reserve...can we go into the season with that?

Do we then sign a RWB if we sign Telles?

(Big if etc. just speculation caveat)

Don't even think about it, mate. We'll just look stupid when he turns up at Lockdown Utd. (Him and Estevez, though ... mmmmmmm.)

Presume the Esteves lad and Baby Luke will be used with Boly alongside them to help them through.

Back to the Telles link, great that is showing other fans are just as flappy as ours when it comes transfers. Man Utd fans putting ours to shame when it comes to losing their shit

Would we be comfortable with just Esteves as the only natural RWB in the squad - I'm not saying I wouldn't as I haven't seen enough of him to know how good he is - just seems a bit of a risk on the face of it with him only being 18 and having very limited senior experience to be expecting him to start there every week.

I forgot about Esteves, that would probably be enough depth until Jonny comes back.

Would we be comfortable with just Esteves as the only natural RWB in the squad - I'm not saying I wouldn't as I haven't seen enough of him to know how good he is - just seems a bit of a risk on the face of it with him only being 18 and having very limited senior experience to be expecting him to start there every week.

Agree, it would come as a surprise to me if we did that.

It might be that Nuno would be happy with Traore/Esteves/Matheson until Jonny comes back rather than getting someone not that good in to cover, or spending loads on someone who won’t play when Jonny returns

I could maybe see us loaning someone for the year. No idea who :) but as injury cover it would make sense.

We need to have one eye on the max 17 none homegrown players born before 01/01/99. Won't be an issue this year as I think we are at 14 with a couple of squad fillers in Buur and Jordao included, but worth keeping an eye on over the next couple of years once the likes of Vinagre(if here) Neto and Ferreira need to be included.

Vinagre would qualify as homegrown at 21. He's been here three years already under the age of 21.

We might just get away with it for Silva too in three years time.

It's bollocks to say they haven't talked about him. The conclusion may well be out of our league, but there's no way he hasn't been discussed

Back