• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Esteves just doesn't make sense to me - he's the same age as Matheson.

Esteves just doesn't make sense to me - he's the same age as Matheson.
What if he's better? Matheson was a Thelwell signing, perhaps those making recruitment decisions now have a different view?

I've always thought he was a project that they thought was worth the risk rather than a cast iron first team player. They'll get most of their money back in loan fees if it doesn't work out

Just playing devils advocate a bit, but seeing a series of posts from people not buying the Telles rumour is just like a few days ago when a whole series of the majority of people didn't believe the Doherty to spurs rumours/links.

I usually dread close season/transfer windows, and the 3 weeks up to silva signing were not much fun. Since then however, it's been great to watch!

PSG were meant to have a deal in place for him only a few months ago. I know we're great and all but it would be just a bit of a step down from that. I think his name is out there as Man U want to try and force Madrid to drop Reguilon's buyback clause, maybe people are putting 2+2 together and getting Mendes.

Dreaming is for free though.

Tbh, I do see us as quite a good option for Telles. He would be able to move to the epl with a safety net, a pay increase and a real chance to either push us for europe or move up afterwards. He'll definitely get play time playing fpr us, at United it isn't as guaranteed.

Most likely is someone picked up on the Vinagre story from yesterday and just took a punt that we’re taking Telles to replace him.

More from Spiers On Telles -

not a player who's been discussed yet but I'm never gonna rule it out cos he's Portuguese, it's Mendes and Porto are having a fire sale. But realistically Telles is being pimped out left, right and centre and Wolves have just bought a LWB

Well I am glad he isn't ruling it out, presume Jeff waits for the thumbs up from Timmy II before making his move.

Telles is highly unlikely but that is top level bollocks from Timmy there

Not to mention that the whole rumour about Telles is that he's a replacement for a different LWB that we're selling.

He certainly is. Good work Tim.

...and Timothy is the one person saying Marcal is primarily signing as a LWB

Not to mention that the whole rumour about Telles is that he's a replacement for a different LWB that we're selling.

or that the LWB mentioned in the post is actually more of a LCH.

Marcal taking 5 rather than 3 surely suggests he sees himself more as a CB than a LWB?

No :icon_lol:

Unless Jackie McNamara secretly fancied he was a flying right winger and Denis Irwin thought he might give "creative schemer" a go.

Marcal taking 5 rather than 3 surely suggests he sees himself more as a CB than a LWB?

Don't think numbers really mean much these days. All it does mean is we expect Benno to be buggering off

Neither of those had the option when they signed. 5 and 3 were available to Marcal for whatever reason he went with 5 rather than 3. If he sees himself as a LWB I'm sure he'd have gone with 3.

Why would he? Maybe he just likes number 5?

Raphael Guerreiro wears 5 for Portugal.

Should have told Mourinho that he wanted to play at left back for Real Madrid then.

I spent years playing up front but never wore 9 as I don't like it. 7, 8 or 10 please. It means nothing.

Back