• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Unless I’m going mad, the Telles thing looks like it’s picking up steam beyond that one dodgy Twitter source.

Surely not...

Or they're just repeating a rumour.

Grealinha.
f1d624c634ce614b8710a863704828af.jpg

Woke up to all the Telles stuff. I just can’t buy into it, he’s one of the best left backs in the world. Said yesterday I could dream about signing him but I won’t because the disappointment would be unbearable. It is going slightly viral though by the look of it.

If we signed Telles where would that leave the CB situation? There's only one spot available after Boly/Coady. Assuming Marcal plays LCB then would we really buy Todibo as well. Or will Marcal just sit on the bench along with Saiss/Donk?

If we signed Telles where would that leave the CB situation? There's only one spot available after Boly/Coady. Assuming Marcal plays LCB then would we really buy Todibo as well. Or will Marcal just sit on the bench along with Saiss/Donk?
When we initially bought Marçal Speirs said that he would compete with Vinagre for LWB. Jeff's comments seem to back that up as well.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Maybe Telles has unexpectedly become available, you can’t turn players like that down if they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure I saw in one scouting report that Pepe had been playing at LWB for Gremio. Having used the word 'tumbleweed' a week ago there are now so many scouting reports and YouTube videos I can't keep up. By Wed night fully expect to see Aarons, Todibo and Telles walking round the pitch with Jeff...

It's hard not to get a bit excited about tweets saying we're signing Telles but surely there's nothing in it. It doesn't make much sense for us to splash out loads on a LWB unless Jonny is moving over to the right when he's back.

I refuse to get excited about the Telles thing, it can’t possibly be true.

Just popped on to the Caf. United fans seem convinced that we are getting Telles because Mendes.

Nice dream, but no way we sign Telles at this stage of his career and our development

I would normally agree but things do seem to be particularly bonkers at the moment, even for us.

Ok, ok. If we sign Alex Telles I take everything back that I said about Jeff.

The fact we're even in the Telles conversation with united blows my mind

No way are we signing Alex Telles.

But I DID say the same about Fabio Silva...

Not having this one

Yes he is in the final year of his contract, yes Porto need him gone, yes he knows Nuno, yes we have his replacement to send directly in exchange, yes Uncle Jorge is involved, yes we are now essentially Portohampton Wanderers but still not happening.

Put me in the “I’m not buying this rumour” either.

Although I did say the same about Neves a few years ago...

Is there anywhere reporting it about from that potential troll with a really bad hit rate or is this just an Angel Rangel wrangle??

Back