• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

So not the league, then :D

It was never going to happen, standard hysteria.

He did start against United in the cup.

and was ill/injured and had a mare

This made me laugh on Twitter

⚫
Stephen (sparkes) Parkes
@steve_parkes

Odd one, I genuinely thought he's be bought through.
Something happened behind the scenes?

Prestige Business Transfers
@chauffeur_dave

Yes Steve, we paid £35m for an 18 y/o Portuguese wonder striker

I like that we're getting actual money for our kids rather than extending their contracts before letting them go for nowt

So, based on the last couple of days we should be getting an announcement any time soon then...

If we have agreed to sign Esteves, well he's currently away with their U21s, so we could be just waiting until he finished that and gets back to Portugal. We'll want him in England to announce it so he flies over and does his contract signing plus pics/video. Their last game is tomorrow night, so it could be late Wednesday or Thursday before it happens.

Assuming we are still after Todibo or another first choice CB, then it's highly unlikely we'll be looking for another LWB like Telles as well. Otherwise why has Marcal signed?

Boly - Coady - New RCB

Marcal isn't going to be happy just sitting on the bench waiting for his opportunity at CB. Plus Saiss and Donk on the bench would give us too many backups there. Especially since Palinha seems nailed on for the new CM.

And then when Jonny is fit this new LWB will be happy to sit on the bench for him as well?

It was only in the playoffs I realised Keith Curle was their manager. Whilst not a fan I am from Northamptonshire so good to see them back in L1, good luck to Ashley-Seal, the aim of an academy is to produce professionals and too often I feel like many of the players we have had in ours just utterly vanish after they leave. Although that may be completely unfair as put no research into it, just feel like too many of them bottom out in the non leagues.

It was only in the playoffs I realised Keith Curle was their manager. Whilst not a fan I am from Northamptonshire so good to see them back in L1, good luck to Ashley-Seal, the aim of an academy is to produce professionals and too often I feel like many of the players we have had in ours just utterly vanish after they leave. Although that may be completely unfair as put no research into it, just feel like too many of them bottom out in the non leagues.

It's not *that* bad now, if you look at the Ex-Wolf thread that I take loving care of :D and the list on the front page, a lot of them make a career of sorts. Even some absolute shite. Yes, I'm looking at you, Dan Jones. Incredibly he's only just dropped out of serious football.

But yes, we did hang on to players for far too long for no reason. Deslandes, Kellerman, EEL and Hayden being particular egregious examples.

We've not been ruthless enough before, feel we kept them on here, just in case they came good eventually, or we had an injury crisis or the first team squad got wiped out by a meteorite

7ff6be83b486b02be9cfa69061eb6614.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw something on Twitter earlier saying that Porto would only go for Vinagre if Telles was sold (obvs) and that Porto wouldn't accept anything less than €25m. So, if he was interested (BIG if), we could pick Telles up for roughly £12m if Vinagre went the other way. I can dream I suppose.

Got to be honest I've never heard of Vitinha.

Man, there’s a lot of Vitinhas. Assume this is the young midfield version?

Tim reporting it now too. Porto fans seem to love him, lots saying he is a long term Moutinho replacement.

Back