• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Think that's exactly it. Jonny's might be out for a year so we need someone. And Kilman needs to go out and play football on a regular basis. Not every signing can be a Galactico. Or whatever Wolverhampton's equivalent of a Galactico is...

Doesn't sound like Marcal is anything like the level Jonny is at. Hopefully he's cover for Vinagre.

Kilman needs to go out and play. I'm definitely not one that thinks loans are always the answer but he is 23 now and has hardly any experience playing at first team level. It would be nice if we could sign Marcal even if he's a bit of a backup option for a couple of positions and we could find Kilman a decent Championship club where he will play games.

This is a good point. I don’t think Kilman will be a top 6 CB, so from a Fosun perspective get him out on loan, increase his value so we can sell him and have Marcal do bench duties.

Think he'll replace Saiss myself - Vinagre will cover Jonny.

Think he'll replace Saiss myself - Vinagre will cover Jonny.

That’s what I’m thinking. He can play out from the back by the look of it which is one thing we lack with Saiss.

Eh? Saiss is good at playing out from the back. You make him sound like Bennett.

It would be a weird signing - not really a left wing back, and not really a Clear upgrade on Saiss. Just a body to sit on the bench in case of injuries.

If he’s going to play in the back 3 then with Doc gone we’re going to be a little more vulnerable from set pieces with Boly, Raul, Coady and Neves (the latter two aren’t exactly aerial powerhouses) being over 5ft10 in our typical 3-4-3 formation.

Eh? Saiss is good at playing out from the back. You make him sound like Bennett.

Eh? Bennett is good at playing out from the back. You make him sound like Batth

As I have mentioned before Sanson would be great. Todibo and him would be lovely.

I think Marseille making CL (however dodgy it was) might've put the kibosh on this one. He'll be playing regularly far as I know and they generally seem to be going in the right direction under AVB.

Based on current rumours, having Esteves, Vinagre and Marcal covering our WB spots doesn't seem ideal.

I'm happy to give Vinagre the shirt till Jonny is fit again, may do him the world of good, and if he proves a liability we'll have to look at it again in January depending on Jonny's recovery.

Esteves is a total unknown quantity for me and, while he looks exciting from his vid, we all know what vids are like (especially if the opposition isn't great). Playing both him and Vinny together is maybe a risk, but I would trust Nuno if he wanted to do it.

But not really having anyone else on the right and having someone in Marcal who sounds like he maybe doesn't have the engine for that role anymore wouldn't be too clever

Eh? Batth is...ah no I can't

Oh, you can my friend

blades%20oxford%20wolves%20aug%2092-01.jpg

That’s what I’m thinking. He can play out from the back by the look of it which is one thing we lack with Saiss.

With Vinagre at LWB it just tightens us up a little bit when Ruben bombs forward.

With Vinagre at LWB it just tightens us up a little bit when Ruben bombs forward.

Could well do. I love Saiss and he’s been brilliant for us, will still probably be brilliant for us when we need him, but it could be one of the areas Nuno is looking to tweak. Could be completely wrong and Marcal might end up a rotation option with Saiss keeping his place. I just can’t see Vinagre NOT getting the LWB role, he’s been here long enough and it’s his time to shine on a regular basis.

Back