• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Marçal is, apparently, a dodgy left back - but he’s moved over to LCB in a back three and has looked brilliant there. So he could be another one that fits our system nicely.

A French bloke has just posted this -

Welcome to PL for Fernando Marçal. He leaves @OL to join the @Wolves of Wolverhampton. He leaves his lion costume to become a wolf. Well done to him. Superb recruit for the Wolves. He will be sorely missed. Transfer of around two and a half million euros. Good Luck.

And then went on to suggest he would be cover for Vinagre while Jonny is out but can also play at LCB. At 31 and with a short time left on his contract, £2.5m is nothing.

Yeah, a slight upgrade on Saiss if it happens. Maybe we would look for someone younger (like todibo) too.

Well if the Leite rumour pans put then it'll be him as well.

Unashamedly stolen from a facebook post I saw today:

If we sign Tómas Estevez, I’m calling him Tommy Sheen

Two more Portugese lads and we may as well change our club crest to their national flag!

The 'one nation under a groove' strategy worked out pretty well for M. Wenger's Fransenal. Let's hope we can do as well (or better) with the Iberian version.

Slightly baffled by links to Marcal - he's only 5'10" which seems small for a CB. But no sign of the mythical plane carrying Faouzi Ghoulam landing y/day, so maybe something in it...

Played at LCB against Man City in the CL. I doubt we're buying him as anything more than emergency cover for Vinagre and maybe to displace Saiss.

He's started following Wolves on Instagram so it must be a done deal.

If I was a footballer I'd do stuff like that just to mess with people :D

Maybe has the same flaws as Saiss, a few too many yellow cards. But probably a slightly better defender given that he has played regularly for Lyon in the Champions League.

b22d8e6350522b1e22a67eb84b86986c.jpg

Slightly baffled by links to Marcal - he's only 5'10" which seems small for a CB. But no sign of the mythical plane carrying Faouzi Ghoulam landing y/day, so maybe something in it...

He'll be cover for Vinagre till Jonny comes back won't he? thought he was a LB and part time CB?

Played at LCB against Man City in the CL. I doubt we're buying him as anything more than emergency cover for Vinagre and maybe to displace Saiss.

He's started following Wolves on Instagram so it must be a done deal.

I checked his Insta yesterday when i saw this from other's. He only follows 6 wolves are not one of them

Apparently Sheff Utd are going for Jayden Bogle + Max Lowe from Derby £10m, thats good money especially for both- Bogle as RB competition?

I’m going to go waaaay out on a limb and say he’s signing.

Back